1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Catalogs App

I know i might be in the minority when it comes to this, but one of the cool apps I loved with my Toshiba Thrive was the Google Catalogs app. Seeing as it's the holiday season and all, I was looking forward to browsing things like J. Crew and Brookstone for Christmas gift ideas.

However, it looks like my new N7 isn't compatible with the app. The app still shows up in my downloaded apps list in the Play store, but won't let me install it. Does anybody know why this is? I mean, it's a Google app and this is a Nexus tablet. A smaller one yes, but still large enough to browse catalogs. I'm kind of disappointed that Google has chosen not to support the N7 for this app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Google Catalogs App

It might be intended for 10" tablets only, because it's not compatible with either of my 7" tablets (Nexus 7 and Acer A100) nor my phone.

I know you can pull the apk from the 10" and install it on the 7". I pulled it from my wife's GTab 10.1 and installed it on my N7. It works just fine.
    Thanked by:
    arcoms 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

sneezy316... Thanks for the info. Would you mind explaining how to do that? A bit of a noob here when it comes to the more techy DIY things

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Actually just found the APK on XDA and edownloaded it straight to the N7 and it seems to be working perfectly. :-)