Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best combination : Nexus 7 as tablet and iphone OR ipad mini as tablet and Android phone ?

title sayz it all. Wanna enjoy the best of the two giants. i find it pointless to own two iOS devices as phone and tablet and same goes for Android. But i'm confused with the best combination....i'm a former Ipad 2 user and currently i own Nexus 7. i could buy an Iphone perhaps 4s at the moment but i want to know in general what could be the best combination. thanks.

Default Re: Best combination : Nexus 7 as tablet and iphone OR ipad mini as tablet and Android phone ?

Personally I would say iPad since it has more hd and tablet based apps. Love my Nexus but that is a big drawback.
    ladyc0524 likes this.

Default Re: Best combination : Nexus 7 as tablet and iphone OR ipad mini as tablet and Android phone ?

I would say pick either iOS or Android. Otherwise, the you're buying apps twice.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Both really good points.I have my n7, and I am using my iPhone 4s as my mp3 player and to make phone calls. The combo is working great. I listen to a lot of podcast, and I have found that the iPhone does it the best.
    Thanked by:

I'd rather have both be the same to monopolize on getting apps for both of them in one swoop. Not to mention only having to maintain one system (google music vs. itunes, etc.)

Anyway, if I just *had* to pick different ones, I would probably choose an android phone and the large ipad. Mostly because the iphone just looks so limiting.

That said, the only place where the apple products look to have a better "ecosystem" imo is with some games that android doesn't have, or at least doesn't get until a few months later. That would be an issue as I find that the best sized device for mobile gaming is the 7" tablet, and there the N7 has it all over the ipad mini. Again, imo.

-Suntan
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Android phone and iPad if you really want to do it that way. iPhone is too damn small ;-)

All banter aside the latest iPad is a fine piece of equipment. I'm thinking of getting my wife one because shes a casual user and iOS has more of the stuff she wants from a tablet. As much as I'd love to buy her a Nexus 10 I just don't think she would enjoy it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Manning the AC Euro office since 2011

+1 Android all the way. I do have an ipad 3 but it is a bit large to carry wihen traveling (with company laptop). Hopefully the Nexus 7 fills that role nicely.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

OP clearly wants a balance with both so I'm not going to say go all Android.

More than half the people I know with iPads use Android phones. I think Android phone with an iPad is a better combo than an iPhone with an Android tablet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    ladyc0524 likes this.

Having to buy apps twice would suck but if i had to choose I'd say android phone with ipad. Apple ipad apps seem a little more polished than android counterparts
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I'd rather have both be the same to monopolize on getting apps for both of them in one swoop. Not to mention only having to maintain one system (google music vs. itunes, etc.)

Anyway, if I just *had* to pick different ones, I would probably choose an android phone and the large ipad. Mostly because the iphone just looks so limiting.

That said, the only place where the apple products look to have a better "ecosystem" imo is with some games that android doesn't have, or at least doesn't get until a few months later. That would be an issue as I find that the best sized device for mobile gaming is the 7" tablet, and there the N7 has it all over the ipad mini. Again, imo.

-Suntan
    I agree on keeping both the same. Pick the platform you think is the best. I think Android is far better, although iOS does have about 270,000 fart apps to choose from

And Apple products cost considerable more. Which star would you like to hitch your wagon to?
    Maxwell was the 1st "Smart" phone user......

Quote Originally Posted by MANdroidd View Post
    Having to buy apps twice would suck but if i had to choose I'd say android phone with ipad. Apple ipad apps seem a little more polished than android counterparts
    Done it! The Beach Buggy is free on both but has the cool water splashing on the screen on the Nexus 7 due to the Tegra 3. Bought Riptide GP for the Ipad so I could put it on the kids ipads and then just bought it for my Nexus 7. Not a big deal, but I guess it will add up over time.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

I've been actually thinking about this myself. I LOVE my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7. I like the idea of having both operating systems, not to mention all of the peripherals that the iPhone has available. I am not due for an upgrade until next December so I have time, but if Google fails to release a Nexus device on Verizon, I will be the proud owner of the next great thing from Apple. I figure if I get an iPhone and still have my Nexus 7, which you couldn't pry from my cold dead hands, I will still have the openness of Android with the 7 and the functionality of iPhone.
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

I am deciding on what to do also. I have a iPhone 5 and no tablet. Thinking of getting a Nexus 7 or sell my iPhone 5 and getting a nexus 4 and iPad mini. please help

i have an iPhone 4s, a recently purchased nexus 7, and a 3rd gen iPad. for me, this setup is ideal. the iPad stays mostly at home while i am on the go with two small, different devices.

I'd say Android phone with an iPad mini 2 (whenever it comes out).
    myyms likes this.

I believe that having an iPhone and a nexus 7/10 would mean that the tablet couldn't be tethered to the iphone. (nexus wifi doesn't work to an 'adhoc' wifi, which is what iphone and nokia produces).

In which case it is probably still better to stay either Apple or Android for both

Happy to be shown to be wrong.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

I currently have the og EVO and the iPad 3 but I also own the nexus 7 from my experience I say go with the android phone and apple tablet those tablet optimized apps make the experience way better imo

Sent from my PC36100

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Babo12 View Post
    I am deciding on what to do also. I have a iPhone 5 and no tablet. Thinking of getting a Nexus 7 or sell my iPhone 5 and getting a nexus 4 and iPad mini. please help
    I say go for it best of both worlds fast updates from Google on the nexus 4 or you could wait for the iPad mini 2 either way you can't go wrong with that setup

Sent from my PC36100
    babo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbu View Post
    I believe that having an iPhone and a nexus 7/10 would mean that the tablet couldn't be tethered to the iphone. (nexus wifi doesn't work to an 'adhoc' wifi, which is what iphone and nokia produces).
    I'm pretty sure the iPhone creates a proper managed AP, not an ad-hoc connection. Older models like the 3GS could only do ad-hoc, but 4 onwards should be fine. Although I haven't tried one with the Nexus 7 so I could be wrong.

I would go with the android phone just because they can have swype which is a dream for one handed typing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I have the Nexus 7 now, but may return it.
    In my opinion you need to decide what type of person you are.
    Do like time proven, less to no hassle and well thought out user friendliness and stability?
    Or do you enjoy constantly changing adding, deleting and maintaining your software and hardware?
    Some people find a joy in learning a new operating system and its hardware in detail.
    Some people just want to be able to do most everything with NO hassle.
    iTunes and all the podcast are a BIG plus to me.
    Itunes is a big plus that has no competition at this point in my opinion.
    If you work in medicine/healthcare the ipad is the clear way to go because of all the apps and podcast.
    I also had the K Fire HD... what a pile of crap!
    I also think the colors/display looks better on the iPads. I compared Netflix side by side.
    The Nexus 7 is just ok in my opinion but I bet it/the OS will get better.
    Most everything like automobiles, speakers, TVs, etc. are made with the Apple products in mind, so that you can use the iPhone/iPad to control and interact.
    Last edited by mtnbikerva1; 12-30-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Android phone and iPad definitely

Default Best combination : Nexus 7 as tablet and iphone OR ipad mini as tablet and Android phone ?

I've been an Android phone user for the past 2 years, and have an Nexus 7 since August. Just received an iPad 2 three weeks ago. I also have an iPhone 3GS since 2009 that I now only use as an MP3 player connected to my home stereo system. I would say the best mix of iOS and Android products would be the Android phone and iPad.

You realize that you are the very definition of a troll don't you. If you put half the time into your posting about your problem as you have with your trolling, you may have located your issue. Which being an issue that almost no one is having, means that it is probably a self inflected issue at that....

8:02am 12/30/12
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerva1 View Post
    I have tried: forgetting, and turning it off
    My N7 connects to some but not all wifi
    Thank you for your help
    8:07am 12/30/12
    Podkicker will not work on my Nexus 7
    8:39am 12/30/12
    I have the Nexus 7 now, but may return it.
    In my opinion you need to decide what type of person you are.
    Do like time proven, less to no hassle and well thought out user friendliness and stability?
    Or do you enjoy constantly changing adding, deleting and maintaining your software and hardware?
    Some people find a joy in learning a new operating system and its hardware in detail.
    Some people just want to be able to do most everything with NO hassle.
    iTunes and all the podcast are a BIG plus to me.
    Itunes is a big plus that has no competition at this point in my opinion.
    If you work in medicine/healthcare the ipad is the clear way to go because of all the apps and podcast.
    I also had the K Fire HD... what a pile of crap!
    I also think the colors/display looks better on the iPads. I compared Netflix side by side.
    The Nexus 7 is just ok in my opinion but I bet it/the OS will get better.
    Most everything like automobiles, speakers, TVs, etc. are made with the Apple products in mind, so that you can use the iPhone/iPad to control and interact.
    9:11am 12/30/12
    I have the Nexus 7, but I am probably going to return and buy a iPad mini. What good is a WiFi only product that will NOT connect to WiFi?
    My N7 will NOT connect to some wifi and it seems to not play podcast. I downloaded Podkicker to no avail.
    The N7 is not a piece of crap like the Fire HD but...it is not nearly as stable , no iTunes(I listen and watch a LOT of podcast about tech, automotive, medical, motorcycle, financial, comedy, news, FoxBusiness, Fox news...) the iPad is just less hassel and easier to use. If you do not want to be a repair person go to the iPad. If you want to continue to learn another OS and constantly update and add apps so that it will work go with the N7.
    Most automobile manufactures and tech is now built to be very easy just plug and play/use with Apple.
    In medicine/healthcare there are more apps and podcast for the Apple OS and iOS.
    Also the speakers and music/sound is better on the iPad and i think the DAC is better on the iPad.
    The N7 is nice, in my opinion because if nothing else it gives Apple a little competition! I think the Android/N7 will continue to improve and may at some point really give the iPad tough competition.
    The other big thing is Apple has Stores you may go to for help and Apple Care with people that live here in the USA and speak our language!!!!
    The Apple people also know the hardware and software, and if you get someone that does not know your particular issue they get you someone that does!
    Where are the Android stores? There are non that I know of, that have experts that will help like at the Apple stores.
    These reasons are why I bought my blind brother the iPhone and my parents the iMac. I do not want to have to always be fixing software and hardware problems like I would with Microsoft and other OS.
    Alright Apple hating lunatics blast away and tell me how wrong I am.

I like keeping my toes in both worlds. Many of the apps I like are free or I purchased long ago when I used to have an iPhone.

I couldn't be happier with my setup....

android phone (note 2) and apple mini. Personally I consider this the best device in each o.s. world.

(I recognize the nexus 7 is an excellent device but I needed a larger tablet and the n7 really was to close in size to my N2).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast