Anyone using NFC Technology Tags on their N7?

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have seen the TV ads with people sharing music and pictures with two NFC devices but I never heard of these NFC "Tags" till this video. Yes, I know that with NFC I could buy stuff but I would use my phone for that not my N7. Sure this video is with a Droid phone but our N7 has the NFC Technology. The last section of the video in the car shows how clever this NFC stuff can be.

So if you are using NFC tell us what you do with it on your N7?

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
NFC tags are a great way to auto automate whatever it is you want to do, after programing the tags. First of the tags then program to text with whatever you wish to set alarm to launch application to open your phone when you tap on the tag the action will be done with a single tap it's nice it just makes things automated. You can get a good deal on Amazon 10 NFC tags for 15 dollars and they hold 1 kilobyte of data or you can purchase the Samsung techtiles 5 for 15 dollars they also hold on kilobytes of data. The tags are rewriteable and may also be locked also they do not work well on metal objects you maybe able to purchase thicker tags that do however regular tags do not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Thanks that was some good ideas. The guy thinking about using NFC to replace keys to his cars and home got me looking and found this on Android Central. Would love to stop taking my keys with me that is just the car and front door.

Lockitron announces new NFC, Bluetooth, and SMS-friendly door unlocker | Android Central

Also, little more info here and better video..

Click! You can unlock that front door by text or NFC — Mobile Technology News

Yale to offer an NFC door lock opened with a smartphone

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile...-door-lock-opened-with-a-smartphone-20110922/

Last edited:

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Little-known NFC Tag uses and unique ideas

Give access to your Wi-Fi network
If you'd like to give guests at home (or at an office) access to your Wi-Fi network without giving up your password, check out InstaWifi. The free Android app lets you program an NFC tag that, when tapped with an NFC-enabled device, gives the phone or tablet instant access to the associated Wi-Fi network.

Auto-start timers
How many times have you loaded the washing machine, walked away, and completely forgot you were doing your laundry? Put an NFC tag next to your washing machine and dryer that, when tapped, fires up a timer.

Quickly pair with a Bluetooth keyboard
I asked for your ideas on Twitter and user @litcritter suggested sticking an NFC tag on the back of a portable Bluetooth keyboard. Tap once to enable Bluetooth, and tap again to disable it when you're done typing. Neat idea!

Prank your friends
The least practical, but arguably the most entertaining application of NFC tags is for pranks and rickrolling. If an NFC tag that contains a link is scanned, the Android device will not ask for permission before launching the browser. Scary, right? Questions regarding security come to mind, but can you imagine the possibilities? Fellow CNETer Jeff Sparkman suggests, "Program an NFC tag to open YouTube and play the video for "Never Gonna Give You Up." Hide tag near your target. Hilarity ensues!"

The most practical, creative ways to use NFC with your Android device | How To - CNET

GI JAG

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I use them in my yard to identify plants. Instead of little signs stuck in the ground with the plant's name, I hook a NFC tag on a branch and then I can access all the information about that plant, not just a name. My husband calls me the tech gardener!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12