N7 went off with some buzzing a static like image

hyukhaek

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
So... I got my Nexus 7 today. But the courier that send me my tablet said that the charger and the usb cable unfortunately couldn't be sent. So after I screamed my rights and whatsoever and they reassured me they were going to do their best to see what happened. I went to buy some cable so I could plug it in. I found a cable, I bought it, I came home, I plugged it in, turned on my tablet and it worked! But I noted that the charger icon (I suppose the charger icon moves when it's charging, am I right?) won't move. However I just shrugged it off and started playing with the apps and whatever. And then, out of the blue, the tablet did this buzzing/static like sound and went off with some static display on the screen. I literally freaked out. I didn't know what to do. So I sat there and tried to turn it on but it just won't work. After 15 minutes I tried to turned it on again and it didn't work. But then I plug it in and it turned on. So since I was so scared that the tablet won't work anymore, I turned it off and then that thing made the same thing as before: it went off with that buzzing sound and static screen. Now when I try to turn it on it still doesn't work and when I try to connect it it won't work, I guess it's all repeating again. Can someone tell me what's happening? Or if I have to wait to the original cable usb/charger? I don't know if by turn it on with this cable I bought, I'm doing this device a harm. Please do help me. I'm not from USA but the tablet comes from there, I live in South America. Thank you.

Last edited:

josh6113

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me when I used my nexus 7 on almost dead charge plugged in....for me I was playing a game and what happened was my battery was draining faster than it was charging...lol....let you nexus charge fully then use it,...I bet it will be fine.If not we will take it from there...should be OK though...;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

stillborn86

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
This just happened to me today. Actually, pertaining to my other thread, "Strange boot loop...."

It happened almost every time my tablet died from lack of power. I think it's just a matter of your battery didn't have enough juice to shut down properly and it looks almost like a kernel panic from dumping all of the shutdown steps all at once. Once I got a proper charge, it seemed to go away. I've left my N7 at home to charge, and I'll report back when I'm done with class. I'll let you know if I see this again...

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Google just replaced my pre-ordered 8GB Nexus for this same reason. Guess I should have just let it charge longer. Oh well, no more squishy screen.

stillborn86

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I let mine fully charge and it starts up and shuts down just fine. No strange static screen anymore.

Did the OP get theirs to go away?

brett328

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the same sort of thing 3 days ago after a complete power drain, except it kept getting significantly worse with every boot attempt. Now it will only barely illuminate a faint blue backlight every 5 seconds or so when holding down the power button. Its totally fragged and unbootable now. Has to do with the 4.2 update according to Google, and a new tablet is on the way. I strongly recomend that noboby update their device till they get this ironed out. Why on earth didnt they test it better?

stillborn86

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, if it has to do with the 4.2 update, I wonder if they've worked it out in the 4.2.1 update that was released today... I sure hope so.

hyukhaek

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me when I used my nexus 7 on almost dead charge plugged in....for me I was playing a game and what happened was my battery was draining faster than it was charging...lol....let you nexus charge fully then use it,...I bet it will be fine.If not we will take it from there...should be OK though...;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It's thankfully okay... I let my nexus charging while I was sleeping (8 hours more or less) then I checked it and it had 14% of batery... I guess I will wait to the charger/cable usb to arrive to see how it goes from there.

hyukhaek

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Well, if it has to do with the 4.2 update, I wonder if they've worked it out in the 4.2.1 update that was released today... I sure hope so.

I thought the nexus was dying not 'low of batery', that thing freaked me out seriously. I'm glad yours is okay! Do you think is better not to update it to the 4.2 ver? Mine wasn't updated it and it still happened. It told me to update it but since the battery is barely alive it can't do so. And even though my tablet is not charging properly, I hope it's just because I'm using the 'wrong' cable or something. I will wait to the original one and see what happens. (sorry if my english is confusing).

hyukhaek

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine did the same sort of thing 3 days ago after a complete power drain, except it kept getting significantly worse with every boot attempt. Now it will only barely illuminate a faint blue backlight every 5 seconds or so when holding down the power button. Its totally fragged and unbootable now. Has to do with the 4.2 update according to Google, and a new tablet is on the way. I strongly recomend that noboby update their device till they get this ironed out. Why on earth didnt they test it better?

I really hope I don't have to change mine... shipping from USA was so expensive and difficult. Though your case sounds worse than mine. Mine did turn off after 8 hours of charging (it got to 14% of battery but oh well) I will wait for the charger and then see what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey