Anyone get the Android Central app to work?

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
That is correct, not for the N7, so was wondering if it works if you side load it with the apk file

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I just looked and it's on Play Store and there are reviews from users of the N7. You should be able to get it.

Sent from the Off World Colonies using my HTC Rezound

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can only find the Android Central forum app and an Android Central widget on Google Play. The forum app definitely works on the N7, and is available on Google Play. Are you in the US?

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The OP is referring to an app that accesses the news, podcasts, etc. on Android Central, not the forums. It's not in the Play Store, but can be found elsewhere. I just downloaded it from 1Mobile Market using their app store application. But here is the website link to the app in case you don't have their app store installed:

http://www.1mobile.com/shareApps.php?ID=181682

The app is maybe a little permission-happy and not the most tablet optimized I've seen. It was a little sluggish starting the first time, and crashed once early on, but since then has run smoothly. Overall, it's safe as far as I can tell and gets the job done, with a decent interface and basic options for sharing, font size, topics to show, and alerts.

Anyway, thanks to the OP for asking about it and prompting my search, as I was looking for something like this to quickly access AC headlines.