Why isn't all my Google Music syncing to my 7?

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I recently uploaded some new songs to my Google account and they synced just fine with my Nexus. But they did not yet Sync with my 7 even a few days later. I. checked the sync settings and it is definitely set to sync. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you have Sync checked for the Google Music app:

* Go to Settings > Accounts > Google.
* Then under Accounts, tap the account name that you use (if you only have one account, that will be the only one available).
* A new menu will appear. Scroll down to Google Play Music and make sure the box is checked, which allows for sync.

Other things to try:
* Go to the Settings menu in the Google Music app, and tap the "Refresh" option.
* In the upper left corner of the app, make sure that you have it set to "All Music" in the drop down menu, not "On Device Only".
* Make sure you are connected with the correct Google account (in the Google Music app settings).
* Clear the cache (from the Nexus 7 settings menu).
* Reboot the N7.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas. I had already done all of that other than clear the cache, so I tried that as well, but it didn't help. Very odd.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas. I had already done all of that other than clear the cache, so I tried that as well, but it didn't help. Very odd.

Make sure you're viewing 'all music'. If you are, try clicking the three dots at the top---> Settings---> Tap 'refresh' a couple lot of times.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, everything else seems to be syncing fine, it is just Music. I do have "all music" selected, and even toggled things like that and the sync off and on.

Keeb13r

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I recommende purging all data and cache for Google Music, and removing the account you're signed into for the application. If you can see the music you just uploaded on another Android device, then it is something with your Nexus 7's settings.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea if this will help but Google Play JUST had an update when I checked it today. [ I set all apps to ignore update until I give the OK, so this could be a few days older ]

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Google play music has always had syncing issues unfortunately. Its a shame that they still have yet to fix it.

Pamela Auld

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
On your Nexus 7 go to settings (for system)>accounts>Google>select the gmail account>scroll down to "Google Play Music" and touch it to sync.

Nexus311

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I recommende purging all data and cache for Google Music, and removing the account you're signed into for the application. If you can see the music you just uploaded on another Android device, then it is something with your Nexus 7's settings.

This is the correct answer. I had the same issue with my Galaxy Tab.

Sent from my still awesome Nexus S using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana