- 11-27-2012, 09:16 PM #26
- 11-27-2012, 09:22 PM #27
- 66 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- Stock JellyBean
My N7 updated to 4.2.1. It was waiting for me when I switched on WiFi.
Now waiting for my GNexus to update.
I read that this should fix issues with Bluetooth Calander etc.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
- 11-27-2012, 09:31 PM #28
- 11-27-2012, 09:45 PM #29
- 11-27-2012, 10:13 PM #30
- 11-27-2012, 10:32 PM #31
- 11-27-2012, 11:12 PM #32
I don't have as much lag as before while scrolling through my widgets. Notification shade seems to be working better than before. Seems a bit snappier overall.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
- 11-27-2012, 11:26 PM #33
- 11-27-2012, 11:34 PM #34
- 11-28-2012, 12:14 AM #35
- 11-28-2012, 01:10 AM #36
So I got my update but it keeps failing during install. I'm rooted and every time the update starts it kicks over to CWM recovery and stops with a message something like, "do you want to install this untrusted zip file" I say yes but it still fails. I have even tried to manually install the update through CWM but that fails too. My N7 is rooted but otherwise stock, I have not removed any stock apps or flashed roms or kernels so WTF...any rooted N7s having this issue?
- 11-28-2012, 02:40 AM #37
Anyone who didn't have problems with the original 4.2 update having problems with this update? I'd rather skip December then have to factory reset the Nexus7.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
- 11-28-2012, 03:15 AM #39
- 11-28-2012, 03:36 AM #40
- 11-28-2012, 05:04 AM #41
- 11-28-2012, 06:25 AM #42
- 11-28-2012, 07:13 AM #43
- 11-28-2012, 08:32 AM #44
- d4382dd : bump version to 4.2.1
- 476750c : JOP40D
- 0d15318 : Add HID gamepad/joystick as supported HID devices
- b361b30 : Revert "NumberPicker should adjust min and max when displayed values are set." (a.k.a. Santa is back)
- cc2e849 : Notification vibration improvements: [DO NOT MERGE]
that's direct from the source commits. It adds support for joystick mice and fixes December in the people app. Nothing else.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
- 11-28-2012, 09:06 AM #45
- 11-28-2012, 09:23 AM #46
- 11-28-2012, 09:29 AM #47
- 52 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I have resisted updating to 4.2 and still using 4.1.2 but am starting to get tired of the constant notification to update. Anyone know if I will get the 4.2.1 and be able to leapfrog the 4.2 update and go straight to 4.2.1 many thanks
- 11-28-2012, 01:18 PM #48
Usually when you have an urgent bug, and you are ready to patch it, you take all the patches that are 100% ready and roll them out together. So even though this update is to fix the critical December bug, there might get be 70 actual bug fixes and tweaks in there. If you are forced to fix something might as well fix whatever you got ready at the same time.
Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
- 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM #49
- 11-28-2012, 02:55 PM #50
- By droidfanatic23 in forum Droid BionicReplies: 6Last Post: 08-29-2012, 05:11 PM
- By RichardClark in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 48Last Post: 03-17-2011, 01:26 PM
- By grooveguru in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 5Last Post: 05-26-2010, 08:20 AM
- By hawonjung in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 37Last Post: 05-17-2010, 11:45 AM
- By Postal Dude in forum Google Nexus One Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 02-22-2010, 01:48 PM