Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: 4.2.1

I think people should make it clear which update they are talking about. Is it really necessary to download 4.2 to get 4.2.1 or will I be possible to leapfrog 4.2

Houston, TX - Nexus 7 on 4.2

Still no update. Tried checking manually every few hours since yesterday. Even reboot my N7 to see if it will get it afterward. (worked last time)
    Last edited by pokingmon; 11-28-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by royal hussar View Post
    I think people should make it clear which update they are talking about. Is it really necessary to download 4.2 to get 4.2.1 or will I be possible to leapfrog 4.2
    If you think you're ready to update, I would just let the automatic updates do their thing, whether it's leapfrog or not. I would be somewhat ready to do the steps to clear the cache if needed, but that's pretty easy.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

It updated this morning for me.

I got the update today. My nasty lag issues have disappeared.

Anyone else having issues with Facebook since 4.2 update? Now with 4.2.1 it seems to be worse.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    stock

Default Re: 4.2.1 Update Received

Nothing here yet. Tried the forced update trick but nada. Why does it always take so long for an update? 4.1.2 took over a week to reach me. How come it doesn't update as soon as Google issues a new version, what's this rolling out nonsense?

No update for me yet

N7 not used all day but left on. Saw this post. Just checked now. I have it. Installing now.

Just got the update. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by pokingmon View Post
    Houston, TX - Nexus 7 on 4.2

Still no update. Tried checking manually every few hours since yesterday. Even reboot my N7 to see if it will get it afterward. (worked last time)

Did you receive the update? I am in Katy and received my N7 update early afternoon yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by rgrlgn7 View Post
    Anyone else having issues with Facebook since 4.2 update? Now with 4.2.1 it seems to be worse.

No issues with my Facebook on my N7 since the update.

Sacramento California and no update yet

I rebooted a few times to see if I could get the update and then just left it alone. When I woke it up today, the update was sitting in the notification area, LOL Go figure.

4.2.0 ran fine after reinstalling the broken apps, 4.2.1 seems fine so far but still have apps to update and toys to play with on it..... will update.

Edit:
    All my app updates installed correctly (17 updates) - ya, it took a while. So far everything I tried is functioning.
    Last edited by bigtroutz; 11-29-2012 at 02:14 AM.

ROM
    stock

Installed the update by force stopping the Google framework thing. Took several tries bit its up and running. Too early to tell if it improved things. Keyboard at least in the acf app is still laggy.

Still no update for me

My wife received the update on her N7 last night, and my N7 received it a few minutes later here in SC.

I've only had 2 issues with 4.2 and 4.2.1:

Lag
    On 4.2, I disabled "Currents" through Settings > Apps, and the lag went away. I'm not seeing any lag yet on 4.2.1, though Currents is still disabled.

Juice Defender Ultimate
    There appears to be some sort of incompatibility with Juice Defender which causes WiFi to regularly drop. This is an app-specific issue, not the OS, so it's really not an issue.

I've been very pleased with 4.2.x.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Exchanged my N7 yesterday because of screen issue. Updated the new one to 4.2 moments ago. 4.2.1 was waiting after the reboot.

Everything is running as smooth as 'butter' !!

Still no update for me

Default Galaxy nexus gets some love finally

Received 4.2.1 update on Yakju build galaxy nexus so far so good but I still miss the rotate toggle in the quick panel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.2.1 Update Received-screenshot_2012-11-29-22-58-58.png   4.2.1 Update Received-screenshot_2012-11-29-22-53-34.png  

Default Re: Galaxy nexus gets some love finally

Quote Originally Posted by avi.rakesh View Post
    I still miss the rotate toggle in the quick panel
    eh ? pull down from the top right corner - the rotate toggle is the one in the center of all the other toggles that drop down

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    eh ? pull down from the top right corner - the rotate toggle is the one in the center of all the other toggles that drop down
    I would have done that if I had a tablet.... Mine is galaxy nexus the Samsung one

Quote Originally Posted by avi.rakesh View Post
    I would have done that if I had a tablet.... Mine is galaxy nexus the Samsung one
    LOL @ me --- ok-- I assume there is another forum for your nexus model here perhaps ? http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    LOL @ me --- ok-- I assume there is another forum for you[/SIZE]r nexus model here perhaps ? http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/
    thanx for help but I couldn't find any thing about the auto rotate....I know there is a mod but that requires rooting and I have already paid the price for rooting once.....lost all my data and didn't make backup.: (

I see ... have you tried installing any of the many toggle widgets ? you can find ones for auto-rotate only and ones that allow almost all settings to be added to a toggle bar....
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast