N7 smart screen does not work after adding screen protector

starfyre7

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I got the Blurex slim folio tablet nexus 7 case. It is a smart cover. Before I put on the screen protector, the magnet unlock worked. After I put it on, it did not. The product came with a screen protector. I tested both the N7 and the case magnets with a paperclip, they seem to match up. Is the screen protector my problem, or is there some way to fix this?

EDIT: I used a card with a magnetic strip to smooth out the bubbles. Could this have somehow messed with the magnet?

Last edited:

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I got the Blurex slim folio tablet nexus 7 case. It is a smart cover. Before I put on the screen protector, the magnet unlock worked. After I put it on, it did not. The product came with a screen protector. I tested both the N7 and the case magnets with a paperclip, they seem to match up. Is the screen protector my problem, or is there some way to fix this?

I have a thick case and matte screen protector. I have no problem with mine. Maybe the magnet isn't positioned properly. When the case folds, the magnet must land near the bottom-left of the tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

starfyre7

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
The thing is that the smart cover feature worked with this cover before I added the screen cover. I put the nexus in before I decided to put the screen cover on so that I could test the case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown