Google Now built in Package Shipping/Delivery notifications

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
One of the new features to the latest version of Jellybean I was looking forward to is the added Google Now updates of package shipping/delivery information, however, I have yet to see it work. I received 2 different emails to my Gmail account, over the last 2 days, containing tracking information, but Google Now has not picked up on that in any way, as advertised by Google...and yes, I do have the feature turned on in my Google Now settings. Has anyone else had any luck with this?

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I've only had one package confirmation recently (a couple days ago), and nothing showed up in Google Now. The package was delivered today. However, I wouldn't have thought about looking for a Google Now notification if I hadn't read your post, so really don't have a problem with it. That doesn't help you, of course, but at least it's not just you.

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Nope I can't get Google Now to work with anything like flight or tracking info either. I was wondering if it was a UK problem :confused:

~Jaqi~
Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

xikle

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
It works for me with Amazon packages shipped via UPS. Packages shipped USPS or FedEx so far don't show up on Google Now.

lmvine

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
The app Slice works OK for this function, especially for initial order. Not so well for delivery.

I have not had much luck with Google Now and I have had packages shipped by UPS, USPS & Fedex.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Function has been hit & miss for me. It's a neat concept, but will need some polishing. It did inspire me to hunt down a dedicated app for package tracking, though.

Konstantin C

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I wonder HOw did they get the info of 2 packages that I am getting? did they check my amazon and ebay accounts? They have all access to all my stuff now.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I wonder HOw did they get the info of 2 packages that I am getting? did they check my amazon and ebay accounts? They have all access to all my stuff now.

Google checks your emails.
If they're writing to Google specifications by the shipper they are listed in a Google Now Card.

And yes they have access to all your stuff.
Privacy is a thing of the past.

Why do you think the NSA wants access to Google and social networking sites.

Posted via Android Central App

josephz2va

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't seem to work for me either. I haven't bought it from amazon though. I purchased from a company that ships by post office that provided a tracking number and asked USPS to send me updates. Neither show up to Google Now.

Davinjpr

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a few open Amazon orders at the moment. Packages shipped via UPS work fine for me, with accurate tracking information. Packages shipped via USPS show up but tracking information doesn't show up, even though it is available. Nevertheless, all of my packages do show up in Google Now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol