1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Games on Nexus 7

Hello, I was wondering about playing games on the Nexus 7. Can you play the PC version of Minecraft on the Nexus 7? Also, does the Nexus 7 have Java and/or Flash on its browser? Thank you for all imput.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Default Re: Games on Nexus 7

Why would you be able to play the pc version? This is android. No. And you can get flash, yes

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

There is a Minecraft Pocket Edition on the Google Play Store. And Jelly Bean 4.2 uses HTML 5 coding instead of Flash, which has been discontinued for the most part.

Motorola Photon 4G
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Foscue View Post
    Hello, I was wondering about playing games on the Nexus 7. Can you play the PC version of Minecraft on the Nexus 7? Also, does the Nexus 7 have Java and/or Flash on its browser? Thank you for all imput.
    PC version of Minecraft ? No, I am not aware of a windows emulator / virtual machine but it is possible one exists
    MS-DOS games ? Yes, DOSbox app can be run on Android (your DOS game may or may not work properly)
    Java ? Yes, various versions of Java run under Android OS
    Flash ? Yes, an obsolete version of flash can be downloaded and the app sideloaded into FireFox or Dolphin browsers....see pinned threads up top for more info

You are aware that the Nexus 7 runs a version of Linux operating system called Android (version 4.2.1 codename = Jelly Bean) ?

edit:
    Wow !! Not only a Pocket Edition, the whole ecosystem of apps with it ....crafting guide, PocketNav, Minecraft Guide, etc
    YES<, there are several windows emulator .... 3 stars- hmm another ...Limbo PC Emulator --- give it a try and let us know
    Last edited by bigtroutz; 11-28-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the help! My Nexus 7 is shipping right now, so I will find out shortly.