Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr. Guzzi
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus and Iphone

Hello all,
    ATM I have nexus 7 and iphone 4. I got an offer to excange my iphone for samsung galaxy nexus, and on reviews I see it is better phone, but, do you think it is worth it, or is it better to have booth android and ios device?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Nexus and Iphone

I would stick with both android or both iOS. the ecosystem is important.
    Gnexus is a good phone but Nexus 4 is way better.
    A friend of mine who is an apple guy Bought a Nexus 4 today and he is selling his iPhone 5
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well in fact this would be just exchange, I do not have money. So it is iphone or nexus.

Then go for the nexus. You will not be disappointed.

Motorola Photon 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuq View Post
    Well in fact this would be just exchange, I do not have money. So it is iphone or nexus.

I agree with above post. go with Gnexus

I think it makes more sense overall to have all of your devices on the same system, just for the sake of interoperability. If you have a Nexus 7 and a iPhone, that means you'll need to duplicate your app purchases, and you'll have to manage each device using a separate system (Google vs iTunes).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I think it makes more sense overall to have all of your devices on the same system, just for the sake of interoperability. If you have a Nexus 7 and a iPhone, that means you'll need to duplicate your app purchases, and you'll have to manage each device using a separate system (Google vs iTunes).
    Well I kinda like it. Booth systems have its own brilliant sides... I love itunesU, podcasts and stuf...
    The thing is is it THAT MUCH BETTER?

Yes

Motorola Photon 4G

I have a iphone 5 and just ordered a nexus 7 today. I want the best of both os.

I bought an N7 when the 32GB came out, and I already had an iPhone 4.

I think I'll trade in my iPhone for an Android phone some day, but I'm not sure that I will. IOS is a bit boring, but a lot of that is born in the stability.

I still think iTunes works far better than Google Play, and that has nothing to do with the amount of material available. It's just a better system. At the very least - syncing my phone (or tablet if I had one) to my local computer is built in. No need to root anything or jump through any hoops to get there. Full backups of my system, up to and including all desktop layouts, application data, etc is built in and automatic (and configurable). That could well be the feature that keeps me in IOS for the long haul.

All that said - I'm still lovin the N7.
    Nuuq likes this.

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    Then go for the nexus. You will not be disappointed.

Motorola Photon 4G
    But if you are coming from iPhone be sure to buy lots of chargers, you're going to need them. I still love my gnex but battery life has been the only negative.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Personally I would never try to limit myself to one OS, but that's because it fits my needs the best.

If you enjoy your iphone than definitely hold on to it for now. Looking for the same experience as your tablet then exchange for the Nexus.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Guzzi View Post
    I bought an N7 when the 32GB came out, and I already had an iPhone 4.

I think I'll trade in my iPhone for an Android phone some day, but I'm not sure that I will. IOS is a bit boring, but a lot of that is born in the stability.

I still think iTunes works far better than Google Play, and that has nothing to do with the amount of material available. It's just a better system. At the very least - syncing my phone (or tablet if I had one) to my local computer is built in. No need to root anything or jump through any hoops to get there. Full backups of my system, up to and including all desktop layouts, application data, etc is built in and automatic (and configurable). That could well be the feature that keeps me in IOS for the long haul.

All that said - I'm still lovin the N7.
    That's my point. Love how everything works together on ios, and seems that I still do not need faster phone.... still havent decided.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I think that I made my decision. I'll stick with whis combo at the moment, and wait for iphone 5... I love android, but ios on iphone is amazing! Thanks all...