Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Zapflashgone
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to block or skip ads in YouTube videos ?

it's there a way to skip or remove ads in YouTube videos in android ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: how to block or skip ads in YouTube videos ?

No, cuz' that's what bring in the money for YouTube. Some ads you can skip, some you have to watch. I think there is a way where you can quickly skip the video right when it loads to skip the ads, but I'm not sure.

If it's a video you want to watch multiple times, then download it to your N7. Otherwise, don't worry about it and just be happy you get to watch these videos for free. Without the advertising you wouldn't be watching anything, or you'd have to pay to watch.

I don't know if it works on YouTube, but here is a new AdBlock Plus app for Android that apparently will get rid of ads in a lot of programs and browsers
    mr_nobody and balus3u like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Zapflashgone View Post
    I don't know if it works on YouTube, but here is a new AdBlock Plus app for Android that apparently will get rid of ads in a lot of programs and browsers
    I'm using adaway and that don't block ads on YouTube. in pc there is add-on for chrome or Firefox which tackles the case with ease. does the adblock plus works on YouTube ?

I understand ads are the revenue for those videos and I'm concerned with ads mostly when I'm in a limited data connection or when I'm using tethering from my mobile and use the 3G.

for a side note, only a small portion of the whole population are like us, who try to find ways to improve the experience and majority are unaware of such possibilities. when I took around , there are lots of them . my own sis who uses an iphone , keeps using it with all those annoying things in ios , things like you have to enter the password every time you open the ios store and keyboard and no toggles on notification , the list goes on but tweaks from cydia is the thing that resolves all those but she was unaware of that and don't want to do that even after me informing her.
    so we can be either ignorant and accept the world or utilise the knowledge and have a better experience for our self.

Quote Originally Posted by balus3u View Post
    I'm using adaway and that don't block ads on YouTube. in pc there is add-on for chrome or Firefox which tackles the case with ease. does the adblock plus works on YouTube ?

I understand ads are the revenue for those videos and I'm concerned with ads mostly when I'm in a limited data connection or when I'm using tethering from my mobile and use the 3G.

just an fyi, google has a partial solution to the problem you mentioned.

go to settings-->data Usage-->Menu-->mobile Hotspot-->[Check the tethered wifi phone as hotspot]

now nexus 7 identifies that this connection is a mobile data and would restrict the use of data on unwanted occasions. it will save you some data.
    Thanked by:

get Adaway to work

needs root and to write to the hosts file:

I can confirm that Adaway works on HTC Evo 4G.