1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default mp3 turning into m2a files on my nexus 7

Hello everyone,
    I'm having issues. My daughter wanted to listen to her night time CD tonight, but her CD player broke, so I grabbed the CD, used Windows Media Player to rip all the tracks into MP3 and placed them in my dropbox folder. I then use astro file manager to copy all the files from my dropbox folder into my music folder under \storage\emulated\0\music [or something close to that]. I restarted my device and went into play music app, nothing there, I went into the stock music player, nothing there, and then I went to Astro file manager and launched the file. It played fine. I looked back in both of the player and still nothing. I then loaded a total of 3 additional music players onto my Nexus 7 and none of them see any of the files I copied. As I was looking at the files, I noticed that where song1.mp3 was the name of the file, it was now song1.mp3.m2a. I then noticed that a WAV file and the WMA files I downloaded from google play were showing up just fine. What is going on? This is a pain in my rear. I couldn't play more than one of my daughter's songs at a time, but had full access to the online versions of my google play music, but the downloaded WMA files. Can someone explain this behavior and how to work with it, around it, or through it?

Thanks,

Jeff

Lightbulb Re: mp3 turning into m2a files on my nexus 7

Maybe zip the music folder first
    Transfer it to the phone
    And then extract it

Ive just done that now on my note 2

Edit: that didn't work, so just edit the file names and delete the .m2a.

Hope that helps.

Default Re: mp3 turning into m2a files on my nexus 7

I had exactly this problem and finally gave up. I now use ES File Explorer instead, no issues and faster too.