Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile Is it possible to keep all games on a 2nd hand nexus 7 with different account???

hi everyone,

I just got a nexus 7 from a friend and he has a lot of games apps on it which I would like to keep. But is it possible to get rid of his account details, emails ect? So I can associate my account to it?

Please advise Thanks !!

Renee

Default Re: Is it possible to keep all games on a 2nd hand nexus 7 with different account???

I do believe that the games and apps would be linked to your friends google account. You would not be able to keep them on the device if you set it up with your google account. I think this to be true.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Arctic HD

Default Re: Is it possible to keep all games on a 2nd hand nexus 7 with different account???

Quote Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
    Don't steal software. It is illegal.
    Op never said they were paid apps..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver53 View Post
    I do believe that the games and apps would be linked to your friends google account. You would not be able to keep them on the device if you set it up with your google account. I think this to be true.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    When my husband was using my blue SGS3 I had my Google play profile AND his Google play profile saved to the phone. I could install previous purchases from both by hitting menu/accounts and toggling between the two. It was pretty flawless. I didn't know it was possible

I don't know if this really qualifies as stealing since its no different than sharing your purchases across multiple devices. It's not like downloading them from applanet or something, they were legally obtained from play store.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2

Neither did I. Advice was asked for, I offered some.
    And sound advice it was.

Not unlike 'Buy low, sell high'.

ROM
    Stock

If your friend is OK with leaving his account on it and you simply add your own account as a secondary one and turn off sync of his calendar and mail, you're good. Both of you can access any applications associated with his account. However, it also means you can turn email/calendar sync back on and read his email, or use his Play account to buy stuff unless he has a PIN on his account. So it's probably not a good idea.

If the games are free, just re-install them using the Play Store. If they are not free, well, only you can decide whether they are worth the money.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Neither did I. Advice was asked for, I offered some.
    Well you can't steal something that is free for everyone, so you were obviously implying that they are paid apps.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks boys and girls,
    I have add my own account, and disconnect it as it is easier although my friend doesn't mind me to keep his account on. Thanks for your help !

But don't think it's stealing it is really just share some software. No big deal, some people need to calm down.
    Thanked by: