Is it possible to keep all games on a 2nd hand nexus 7 with different account???

fudge9

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
hi everyone,

I just got a nexus 7 from a friend and he has a lot of games apps on it which I would like to keep. But is it possible to get rid of his account details, emails ect? So I can associate my account to it?

Please advise Thanks !! :)

Renee

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I do believe that the games and apps would be linked to your friends google account. You would not be able to keep them on the device if you set it up with your google account. I think this to be true.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I do believe that the games and apps would be linked to your friends google account. You would not be able to keep them on the device if you set it up with your google account. I think this to be true.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

When my husband was using my blue SGS3 I had my Google play profile AND his Google play profile saved to the phone. I could install previous purchases from both by hitting menu/accounts and toggling between the two. It was pretty flawless. I didn't know it was possible

I don't know if this really qualifies as stealing since its no different than sharing your purchases across multiple devices. It's not like downloading them from applanet or something, they were legally obtained from play store.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If your friend is OK with leaving his account on it and you simply add your own account as a secondary one and turn off sync of his calendar and mail, you're good. Both of you can access any applications associated with his account. However, it also means you can turn email/calendar sync back on and read his email, or use his Play account to buy stuff unless he has a PIN on his account. So it's probably not a good idea.

If the games are free, just re-install them using the Play Store. If they are not free, well, only you can decide whether they are worth the money.

fudge9

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks boys and girls,
I have add my own account, and disconnect it as it is easier although my friend doesn't mind me to keep his account on. Thanks for your help !:)

But don't think it's stealing it is really just share some software. No big deal, some people need to calm down. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1