Issues with Photoshop Touch and Nexus 7

georgeanderson

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So, when Adobe announced the official Photoshop Touch update for 7" devices was in the Play Store, I immediately purchased it.
After I let it install, I went to try to use it and ran into an issue...none of the text is readable. I can only see the very bottom pixels of the text.
Screenshot_2012-11-28-23-14-30.png

I've uninstalled and reinstalled about 4 times. Also tried changing my build.prop to another DPI (I tried 170), but that didn't work either.
I am running the official 4.2.1 update that was pushed to my device the day prior or the same day. I can't remember.
Is anyone else having this issue or have a fix?

Edit:Fixed. Flashed a pre-rooted 4.2.1 image from XDA ([ROM][4.2.1] Stock rooted - Deodexed/Zipaligned + More - xda-developers) and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Last edited:

georgeanderson

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, forgot to mention that I've uninstalled and reinstalled about 4 times. Also tried changing my build.prop to another DPI (I tried 170), but that didn't work either (Adding this part to the OP). I'm wondering if it's maybe a bug with 4.2.1

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
So, does this mean that you're rooted and you've changed some display settings? If so, change everything back to stock settings. If not, check with Adobe.

georgeanderson

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So, does this mean that you're rooted and you've changed some display settings? If so, change everything back to stock settings. If not, check with Adobe.
I changed things from stock after it didn't work with stock. Changed them back after that didn't work. Currently have everything stock... Just rooted. I have a message in to adobe. Just no response yet.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, I checked out the reviews for this app in the Play Store to see if anyone else with a Nexus 7 had the same issue. Only one person did, and it happened to be you! This leads me to believe that it's likely (though not definitely) something to do with your N7 and changes you may have inadvertently made to it. You may want to unroot and then try a factory reset, even though it is a hassle to restore everything to just as you had it prior to the reset.

georgeanderson

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Thought about that...was hoping to get around it.
In the Adobe Community forums, one guy had the exact same issue. The support guy took the convo into private chat, then says "It seems as the image was corrupted. The fix seems to be to
use a factory image of 4.2.1." My update was OTA so I shouldn't have any issues...guess I'll end up downloading a new image and reflashing...as much as I hate to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463