Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr. Guzzi
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nexus 7 home screen

how to set a default home screen on nexus 7

Default Re: nexus 7 home screen

Using the stock launcher, it's the middle of the five home screens. To quickly get to it, press the home button when on any other home screen.

Alternative launchers let you increase or decrease the number of home screens. On Nova Launcher you can press the home button a couple times to see a grid layout of all the home screens, and then drag them around to put them in your preferred order.
    Thanked by 3:

In the Apex launcher you can set which of your home screens is the primary one.

ETA: Hah! Thanks to MJKearney's post, I found out that I can drag & drop the order of the home screens in Apex. Nice.
    Last edited by Dr. Guzzi; 12-01-2012 at 08:42 AM.
    babo likes this.

Dr. Guzzi
    Nexus 7 user
    I have recently purchased the Apex app but I don't want to set it to my default home screen just in case I want the normal android one back. It comes up with a screen saying " just once" or " always" when I go back to mph home screen. If I press always for the apex app I want to be able to change back if I don't like it. How do I do this? Please help

Very helpful replies, but can you guys answer my query on Apex Launcher:-

How can I get Apex to display my original home screens, that I spent time setting up & would like to retain? The app only shows blank home screens, apart from one showing Apex Launcher options.

I was hoping that the app would allow me to choose my favourite home screen to set as the default, so it would always display this home screen after the lock screen.

Very many thanks if you can advise.

Niloc35

Quote Originally Posted by michael macnaughton View Post
    Dr. Guzzi
    Nexus 7 user
    I have recently purchased the Apex app but I don't want to set it to my default home screen just in case I want the normal android one back. It comes up with a screen saying " just once" or " always" when I go back to mph home screen. If I press always for the apex app I want to be able to change back if I don't like it. How do I do this? Please help
    Settings/Apps/Apex/Clear Defaults

[edit]: Just discovered you can also do this from the advanced settings in apex itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Niloc35 View Post
    How can I get Apex to display my original home screens, that I spent time setting up & would like to retain? The app only shows blank home screens, apart from one showing Apex Launcher options.
    I thought apex had an import feature but I can't find it. Keep in mind, I'm using the free version.

You manage your home screens through Homescreen settings/Manage screens.