Music Management: Amazon Mp3 or Google Music or Convert&Copy over from PC?

If you use the cloud for Music --which one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phattysalz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Phatty,

Since you used Amazon before perhaps you could answer this ---

I use Shazam whenever I am out and hear a new song I like. A link is offered up, after the song is identified, to purchase it from Amazon.
If I use Google Music and downloaded this song from Amazon to the Nexus 7, where would the song be stored? Would it go into my Google music cloud?
Or would it end up in its own Amazon music folder that it would create?

Wanted to check with you before I tried it out on my own.
Thanks for reading,.

If you download to the device from Amazon, it should be found and recognized in Play Music, however it won't get uploaded to the Google Music Cloud. I am not aware of a way to automatically sync from device to cloud. I always do it from the desktop.

EDIT: you also asked about the location it downloads to from Amazon. On my Galaxy Nexus it is "/storage/sdcard0/amazonmp3/" and the mp3 are separated in folders labeled by artist. Play Music does see these files.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
If you download to the device from Amazon, it should be found and recognized in Play Music, however it won't get uploaded to the Google Music Cloud. I am not aware of a way to automatically sync from device to cloud. I always do it from the desktop.

OK

EDIT: you also asked about the location it downloads to from Amazon. On my Galaxy Nexus it is "/storage/sdcard0/amazonmp3/" and the mp3 are separated in folders labeled by artist. Play Music does see these files.

Thank you so much. I have now uploaded all of my Holiday Genre Music to the Google Cloud and will play around with it tomorrow on my lunch break. Will let you and the other forum participants know how it all works out. Have a great week.

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
I haven't found an easy way to upload a few albums. As soon as I tell Google Music Manager to find my music, it starts uploading everything. I've just set it on the slowest setting possible (which is still very near the top speed of my Internet upload) and resigned myself to a week or so of waiting for everything to arrive. :)

Ok I started out small. I let my Holiday Music upload overnight :) Did not get to check before I went to work, but now that I am home looks like everything uploaded ok. Will report back on the results later this week.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok I started out small. I let my Holiday Music upload overnight :) Did not get to check before I went to work, but now that I am home looks like everything uploaded ok. Will report back on the results later this week.

I'm not much of a "half-measures" sort of guy (grin). Currently on 837 of 4,312 tracks. Gawd, I've spent a lot of money on music over the years...

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I really just started using it religiously, but Google Music has my vote. Have all my music synced to that and havent touched my ipod in months. :)

Have had some problems syncing some of my albums I bought on itunes though...might need to contact google to see what they can do to help. Other then that, I love it.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I really just started using it religiously, but Google Music has my vote. Have all my music synced to that and havent touched my ipod in months. :)

Have had some problems syncing some of my albums I bought on itunes though...might need to contact google to see what they can do to help. Other then that, I love it.

Make sure ur itunes music is in tha rite format. U kno how apple likes to b sooooo damn different. Tha music might b in tha ".m4a" format. It needs to b in mp3

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was able to upload my entire iTunes catalog into Google Music, and they're all AAC (m4a).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Well I am back to say that I am in love with Google Music. It is what that crappy bloated Itunes should have been.
I have only loaded a fraction of my music (about 6000 songs), but I have uploaded enough to know that this is music management
the way it should be.

I have been listening to stuff that I almost forgot was in my collection while at work these past two weeks: this was a welcome change from Pandora and Sirius (that seemed to be getting somewhat stale).

I did two major uploads overnight and had no issues (knock wood).

Yesterday I noticed that Google made two "Music Mixes" for me of my tunes. One I liked and saved as a Playlist. The other not so much.
This was quite a surprise.

Will check in again as I get more experience with GM.

Thanks to all for your input..

irratebass1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I am back to say that I am in love with Google Music. It is what that crappy bloated Itunes should have been.
I have only loaded a fraction of my music (about 6000 songs), but I have uploaded enough to know that this is music management
the way it should be.

I have been listening to stuff that I almost forgot was in my collection while at work these past two weeks: this was a welcome change from Pandora and Sirius (that seemed to be getting somewhat stale).

I did two major uploads overnight and had no issues (knock wood).

Yesterday I noticed that Google made two "Music Mixes" for me of my tunes. One I liked and saved as a Playlist. The other not so much.
This was quite a surprise.

Will check in again as I get more experience with GM.

6,000 songs! That's pretty good, maybe I should look into GM as well.......I couldn't use it work, but if on vacation would be nice......I have 3,000 cd's (that you can actually hold) and over 95k files on my computer, even if just moving the music to the N7 for security reasons (I did just get a brand new 2T hard drive though)

Thanks to all for your input..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon