How's the N7 for games.?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
So I'm thinking about getting a n7. It was either it or the Chromebook. So I chose the n7 cause its cooler. :p Anyways,I'm primarily going to be usuing it as a gaming tablet,and maybe some occasional paper typing. So I want to know how the tegra 3 processor fairs up to the n10's dual core one. I've been told the n10 has a better chip then the n7 but the nvidia chip has a more dedicated dev. team that makes games specificly for it. Any feedback would be appreciated thanks. :)

My one x is better then your one x!!
/
D:
\

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about this, but while gaming, I believe the Nexus 7 can activate more than one processor just for the game. Also, it uses a lower-powered fifth processor for casual tasks. I game on this beauty, it can handle anything from Angry Birds to Shadow gun: Deadzone. Deadzone is the best online multiplayer game I've played on it. It's basically an online third-person shooter. For your typing tasks, you should buy a keyboard case and an OTG cable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about this, but while gaming, I believe the Nexus 7 can activate more than one processor just for the game. Also, it uses a lower-powered fifth processor for casual tasks. I game on this beauty, it can handle anything from Angry Birds to Shadow gun: Deadzone. Deadzone is the best online multiplayer game I've played on it. It's basically an online third-person shooter. For your typing tasks, you should buy a keyboard case and an OTG cable.

Do Bt key keyboards work on it too.?

/
D:
\

petefromphilly

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
It's awesome for games. I also use it for Shadowgun Deadzone. I really like the 7 inch size for games, too. Easier to hold.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Cool,might just have to pick one up to get some more functionality out of it. Thanks guys.

/
D:
\

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
GTA III and Asphalt 7 are flippin' sweet on the N7.

I love them both on my one x but it lags a few times with full visuals on gta3. Asphalt 7 works fine tho. Say,what case do you guys have.? I'm thinking between the seidio active surface or the gumm case one(tire track case)

/
D:
\

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It's awesome for games. I also use it for Shadowgun Deadzone. I really like the 7 inch size for games, too. Easier to hold.

I've been EXTREMELY impressed with Shadowgun Deadzone, probably played about 5 Hours on it on Nexus 7 so far.

Here's what made it even better: Root the Nexus, so that you can use ToggleBar app to hide the navigation bar. This way, in High settings you get proper full screen gameplay, rather than the weird scaling that is done to fit the navigation bar. That is, proper 720p multiplayer gaming at High settings, quite pretty.

Last edited:

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a 10" tablet, a 4.8" phone and the N7. For straight up game playing on the device, the N7 wins hands down.

Not only does it support the games that are enhanced for Tegra, but the size of the tablet is the best tradeoff between large screen size, while not being fatiguing to hold for extended periods of time.

-Suntan

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone got horn to work.? It's supposed to be tegra 3 optimized. I bought it on my one x last month not knowing that lol.

/
D:
\

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I love them both on my one x but it lags a few times with full visuals on gta3. Asphalt 7 works fine tho. Say,what case do you guys have.? I'm thinking between the seidio active surface or the gumm case one(tire track case)

I first got a cheapo BearMotion case which was fine, but the right side lip (along the bezel) doesn't fit quite right, so it bulges out. So I took the advice of some others on this forum and ordered this Amazon.com: rooCASE Ultra-Slim (Black) Vegan Leather Folio Case for Google Nexus 7 Tablet (Built-in sleep / wake feature) Thinest Folio Case - 17mm - 3 Day Promotional Price: Computers & Accessories, and let me tell you, it is niiice. Fits perfectly, very slim, feels really nice, and the smartcover function works flawlessly.

Klister

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
"Vegan Leather" ! You gotta love that name. I hope the marketer who came up with that term got a raise and promotion. Sarcastic marketing in the tech field is never a bad idea.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
"Vegan Leather" ! You gotta love that name. I hope the marketer who came up with that term got a raise and promotion. Sarcastic marketing in the tech field is never a bad idea.

Yeah, that's the only dumb thing about the case. "Vegan" in this case means that although no animals were killed directly, the environment probably took a hit. I wonder if anyone advertises "organic" Nexus 7 cases.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
On my one x It plays perfectly. Dunno what to say for the n7,I have heard it lags a bit with tegra 3 processors for some reason.? :confused:

/
D:
\