1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock

Default gReader pro, dolphin crashing like crazy.

I use greader pro to read my RSS feeds. The app is great when it works, but lately it crashes on damn near every article I read. Boing boing, gawker, jalopnik, mediate in particular will force close the app when selecting an article to read.

Same goes for dolphin browser. I really like the features it has over chrome like swiping right to open bookmarks. But on some webpages it just closses to my home screen. Any one else having issues with either of those apps?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    stock

Default Re: gReader pro, dolphin crashing like crazy.

Great , now flipboard is not loading articles even after clearing caches. I like my n7 for the most part, but when this crap happens I wanna throw it against a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by flux capacitor View Post
    I like my n7 for the most part, but when this crap happens I wanna throw it against a wall.
    No, don't do that! You might mark up the wall!

Perhaps try uninstalling then reinstalling the app.

Dolphin Browser just started crashing for me about 30 minutes ago. Never had any trouble before. Not sure what the deal is.

Yep, started happening to me, but curiously with the BOAT browser, which updated itself in the past week!

I did some experimenting and it seems greader uses its own browser, not any of the three or four I have intstalled. I took the "use by default" flags off all of them and it was still going out and displaying web pages somehow.

I also have reason to suspect it's due to some periodic @$#%& ADVERTISMENT that cycles and uses perhaps some Flash horsecrap that breaks everything.

What I do now is "open the article in the browser" by clicking the little world icon so that the article is open in TWO places. One of them will survive the crash, usually. That's why I suspect ad cycling. But what do I know, really.

Quote Originally Posted by flux capacitor View Post
    I use greader pro to read my RSS feeds. The app is great when it works, but lately it crashes on damn near every article I read. Boing boing, gawker, jalopnik, mediate in particular will force close the app when selecting an article to read.

Same goes for dolphin browser. I really like the features it has over chrome like swiping right to open bookmarks. But on some webpages it just closses to my home screen. Any one else having issues with either of those apps?

StumbleUpon is the app I'm having the most trouble with now. Not sure if it's the OS update or if it's the app, but it keeps CTD. I tried uninstalling, I cleared the system cache, and and did a few other things, all to no avail. I can use the very same version of SU on my Note 2 and it's totally fine. grrr!

I've always had issues with Dolphin since I got my N7, but use it anyway, along with Firefox. I'm more used to Dolphin than the android version of FF, so I tend to use Dolphin as much as possible.
    Samsung Note 2