Newbie - Uninstalled App Question

Jambo UK

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello

I have just taken delivery of a Nexus 7 and started to play with it. So far so good!! I have a question.

When you uninstall an app (Netflix for example) when I still go into Settings --> Apps it is still listed thereas'Not Installed'. When the entry is selected then it gives more details about the app (which is uninstalled).

Does this entry stay there indefinitely? Any chance of getting rid of it? What purpose does it serve if the app is deleted?

All advice appreciated.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
When you uninstall an app, it should not longer appear in the listing of downloaded app under settings. If it's still there, this doesn't sound normal. I would suggest rebooting your N7 and then checking for the app again. If it's still there, but there isn't an uninstall option, try installing it again from the Play Store and then once again uninstalling it.

Also, some system apps can't be uninstalled, only disabled. However, Netflix isn't a system app, so this isn't the situation here.

Jambo UK

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmmmm.

OK... I have set up other users. So I am the prime user and then then two further accounts for my children.

On my account I did have Netflix and Angry Birds. I have uninstalled these.

BUT on both of my childrens accounts those apps remain installed.

Is this the reason?

Thanks.

Jambo UK

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
OK. I re-install and uninstall and the listing of the app is still there but it says 'Not Installed' next to it. Does this just show download / install history under Settings--> Apps -->Downloaded?

hichris123

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
No, it doesn't show install history. I would guess that it's because of it being installed on another user.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Jambo UK

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for the reply. As a newbie, can you advise how I can get a screenshot from the Nexus and I will unpack it again (Xmas Gift) and sort.

Thanks.