| || |
Re: Shortcut to url in app drawer.
Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, you access the app drawer by tapping the All Apps icon (six dots in a circle) located in the favorites tray at the bottom of the home screen. This shows you all the apps and widgets you have available, all of which can optionally be placed on any of your home screens.
As far as I know, you can't add a bookmark/internet shortcut to the app drawer. You can only add it to one of your home screens, which is much more convenient anyway.
Option 1: Adding individual bookmarks to the home screen.
* Open Google Chrome.
* If the bookmark doesn't exist yet in Chrome, go to the website you want to bookmark, then in the address bar tap the star icon on the right side. The "Add Bookmark" window will pop up, allowing you to customize the name and folder location of the bookmark.
* Open a new tab by either tapping the menu (3 vertical dots) icon and choosing "New Tab", or tapping the partial tab just to the right of the existing tabs.
* At the bottom of the new tab page, make sure "Bookmarks" is chosen.
* Navigate to the appropriate bookmarks folder, then press and hold the bookmark that you want to add as a shortcut to the home screen.
* A window will pop up with various options. Choose "Add to Home Screen".
* Tap the home button on the bottom of the Nexus 7 to view your home screens. Search for the newly created bookmark shortcut on one of the home screens. (It might take a few seconds for it to show up.)
* Move the bookmark if you wish by long pressing on it and then dragging it to the location of your choice on one of the home screens.
Option 2: Place the Bookmarks widget on one of your home screens. This gives you access to all your bookmarks in one location on the home screen.
* Go to the app drawer.
* Select the Widgets tab.
* Find the "Bookmarks" widget.
* Press and hold the widget until the home screen appears. Don't let go yet.
* Drag the widget to the home screen and location of your choice, making sure there's room for it to fit. Then let go.