movie/music sharing between users

Mr_Jay_J

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guy's Have just bought the daughter a nexus 7 for Christmas and am setting it up ready for her (or trying to!) and have encountered a problem we have three users on the tablet set up, My Wife,Myself and my Daughter. wife is set as the tablet owner with myself and my daughter as users, having transferred movie and music to the nexus it is only showing them on the owner(wife) user and not on mine or my daughters.

I have trawled Google being a non techy person and found this forum which seems jammed with info and also looked through this section for answers however either my terminology is wrong or more likely I am not recognising that the answer is here and I am just not seeing it!.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

JJ

apologies if this is not in the correct area.

Mr_Jay_J

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I plug it into my computer and the nexus shows up under other: Nexus 7, then internal storage, then it has folders for music,movies,downloads etc I drag and drop movies to movies and music to music which show up fine in the owner profile but cannot see them from mine or my daughters profiles.

JJ

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
When you say you can't see them while logged in under your profile, do you mean they aren't showing up in the media player you're using, or they're not showing up in a file explorer like Solid Explorer or ES File Explorer on your N7 (or both)? If it's just the media player, try searching the folders with one of the above mentioned file explorers.

Of course, this could simply be as intended by Google. Each user has access only to his or her own virtual folders, to maintain the privacy of each user. I'm sure others here with more knowledge of the new multiuser feature in Android can shed more light on this. Otherwise, I'd suggest calling Google support at 855-836-3987 for more information.

Jared Durham

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I'd be interested in a solution as well. Seems stupid to have to load the same videos and other music my wife and I would like to share on both profiles. 32GB wouldn't even ben enough :(

wt brown

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Where can we find the answer to this problem ?
It appears to be way to difficult and frustrating for such a simple task.
This is very frustrating.

Need more

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Add me to the list on this issue. Surely there is a way to share music you want to share. One of the things I liked about the nexus when researching before purchase was the multi-user capability. But I've since found it isn't executed very well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800