I hate 4.2! Its terrible. I don't care if you aren't having any problems, my Nexus 7 sucks on 4.2.1 and it makes me hate it. I am having nothing but trouble since 4.2. Apps crashing, laggy screen, random reboots etc. If I sound angry its because I am. I feel like wasted $300 on this thing (including apps, accessories). It was great on 4.1.2. 4.2 essentially ruined my nexus.

So is it possible to reflahs back to 4.1.2? Is it a complicated process? I don't care about losing any of the features 4.2.1 had, the problems i,ve had far outweigh any benefit. If its not possible, I have no choice but to get rid of this thing and just switch to an iPad mini.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    12-04-2012 03:57 PM
    Presumably this is the guide to follow:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...e-restore.html

What I think is implied here and not stated though I could be wrong is that you will need to unlock the bootloader before you can do this.

[edit]: And obviously when you go to download the factory image, you want to grab the 4.1.2, not the 4.2.1 or else you will be wasting your time.
    12-04-2012 04:32 PM
    Thanks. I stumbled upon this thread and followed the last link for GOOGLE NEXUS 7 TOOLKIT. Downloaded the factory 4.2.1 image, put in the directory specified by the toolkit, unlocked bootloader and followed instructions. Back to good ole 4.1.2.
    shontrashi and jairusz like this.
    12-04-2012 08:41 PM
    Thanks....I will wait few more days and shall chance back.
    12-04-2012 10:46 PM
    The improvement in speed and performance is so noticeable. Task window pops up instantly, rotating screen now happens much faster (was very delayed), and I havent had 1 app crash or misbehavior yet. I also decided to root the thing so I could instal fotakill.apk to get rid of the update notifications. So far so good!
    12-04-2012 10:52 PM
    Reverted back and it's so much better than that garbage 4.2.1 update. I can use a countdown app without fear of crashing. Bluetooth isn't perfect like my Apple devices but it's better than it's current, unusable, state. I can now see why people are always tinkering with their Android devices.

Sent from a tablet on a crappy OS, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.
    12-05-2012 01:57 AM