Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock

Default Revert to 4.1.2?

I hate 4.2! Its terrible. I don't care if you aren't having any problems, my Nexus 7 sucks on 4.2.1 and it makes me hate it. I am having nothing but trouble since 4.2. Apps crashing, laggy screen, random reboots etc. If I sound angry its because I am. I feel like wasted $300 on this thing (including apps, accessories). It was great on 4.1.2. 4.2 essentially ruined my nexus.

So is it possible to reflahs back to 4.1.2? Is it a complicated process? I don't care about losing any of the features 4.2.1 had, the problems i,ve had far outweigh any benefit. If its not possible, I have no choice but to get rid of this thing and just switch to an iPad mini.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Revert to 4.1.2?

Presumably this is the guide to follow:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...e-restore.html

What I think is implied here and not stated though I could be wrong is that you will need to unlock the bootloader before you can do this.

[edit]: And obviously when you go to download the factory image, you want to grab the 4.1.2, not the 4.2.1 or else you will be wasting your time.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    stock

Thanks. I stumbled upon this thread and followed the last link for GOOGLE NEXUS 7 TOOLKIT. Downloaded the factory 4.2.1 image, put in the directory specified by the toolkit, unlocked bootloader and followed instructions. Back to good ole 4.1.2.
    Thanked by 2:

Thanks....I will wait few more days and shall chance back.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    stock

The improvement in speed and performance is so noticeable. Task window pops up instantly, rotating screen now happens much faster (was very delayed), and I havent had 1 app crash or misbehavior yet. I also decided to root the thing so I could instal fotakill.apk to get rid of the update notifications. So far so good!

Reverted back and it's so much better than that garbage 4.2.1 update. I can use a countdown app without fear of crashing. Bluetooth isn't perfect like my Apple devices but it's better than it's current, unusable, state. I can now see why people are always tinkering with their Android devices.

Sent from a tablet on a crappy OS, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.