Like Tree12Likes
  • 6 Post By MJKearney
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 3 Post By JustinMueller8810
  • 1 Post By natehoy
  • 1 Post By MJKearney
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default We really need a separate section for SUPPORT problems/issues

I dunno about you but I'm getting tired of seeing that most the threads here about PROBLEMS about your nexus 7. I really don't give a crap about your nexus so could we please make these people whine/gripe in a different section?

THANKS!

Default Re: We really need a separate section for SUPPORT problems/issues

Then what would this forum be used for? I'm not sure I really understand your reasoning. Isn't the purpose of a forum to ask questions, learn, and share experiences, both positive and negative? Please explain your reasoning further.

Tech forums are always places for people to bring up problems, mostly in search of solutions (and there are plenty of good folks like this guy ^^ who are ready to help), but sometimes just to vent. I think what might be better is for there to be a sub-forum titled "HELL YEAH MY N7 ROCKS!" for those of us who just want to see posts about how much our N7s rock.
    MJKearney likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Do you guys actually like to click onto these forums on a daily basis only to be bombarded with PROBLEMS? I sure don't. It's like a nagging wife...bleh. I feel like I'm reading 10-15 posts to find 1 gem.

Let's make a SUPPORT section, get a moderator to ensure traffic goes that way, and rejoice because of a better forums experience.

Less people are going to be repeat viewers of this forum if all they see are negative tech issues.

Think about the ENERGY and TIME you waste sifting through these time-drain threads.

Does your wife know you feel that way?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Guzzi View Post
    Does your wife know you feel that way?
    i don't know i havnt taken off her muzzle in ages.

How bout a flowers n sunshine section so those who wish, don't have to bothered with real life...

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by JustinMueller8810 View Post
    Do you guys actually like to click onto these forums on a daily basis only to be bombarded with PROBLEMS?
    I click into this forum every day to see if there are any problems I can help someone with, and when I can assist someone with a problem it gives me a little warm fuzzy, so yes - I actually like it because the reason I'm here is to help people.

I also come here when I have problems in the hopes that there are like-minded folks who would find as well as offer some small joy in helping me.

I also read up about problems that I can do nothing about, because I learn from those threads. Maybe not information I can apply right away, but I hoard those little golden nuggets of knowledge like a squirrel hoards acorns, and sometimes one of them sprouts into something useful later.

Now the threads whinging about things that cannot be fixed (and particularly the threads whinging about the amount of whinging in the threads), those I don't tend to enjoy as much. But whatever. It's a free forum, we all get to have our say.
    Thanked by 3:
    Dr. Guzzi likes this.

Of course, Justin isn't saying that support and complaint issues shouldn't be posted, just that they should have a separate sub-forum. Still, I disagree with that for a couple reasons.

First, referencing my first post, isn't this the primary purpose of the main forum - to provide support, be a sounding board for complaints, and offer psychotherapy to those whose psyches have been damaged by their N7 experience. I'm not sure what the "main" forum would then be composed of.

And second, this would be very hard to administer and control. Sometimes even hacking and accessories posts are placed in the main forum, and those are pretty specific topics. Support, while sounding specific, is actually pretty broad in scope. Trying to contain it to a sub-forum would be rather difficult, and I doubt the admins would be able to keep up. It just wouldn't work.

Now then, Justin, relax and close your eyes. Let's go back to your earliest memories of your forum experience. Something happened that truly disturbed you, and we need to uncover that to help you better understand your feelings and emotions. Okay, long, deep breaths... tell me what you're thinking...
    Dr. Guzzi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MJKearney View Post
    ... Now then, Justin, relax and close your eyes. Let's go back to your earliest memories of your forum experience. Something happened that truly disturbed you, and we need to uncover that to help you better understand your feelings and emotions. Okay, long, deep breaths... tell me what you're thinking...