1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Adding & Deleting groups of photos

I was able to view photos (JPG) on my flash drive using OTG cable and Nexus Media Importer on my new Nexus 7. I enabled selecting several photos. Then, somehow without meaning to, I touched a spot on the tablet and saved those photos to internal memory. I couldn't find UNDO as a selection anywhere. So I started looking for those photos on the tablet. Not easy for a newbie! I installed Astro File Manager and started looking in all the possible locations shown. I finally found them. I don't remember where. I found I could delete them but had to do it one at a time.

Now I am considering loading almost 3GB of photos of plants, ferns actually (don't laugh), into internal memory for taking into the field for identification purposes where Wifi is miles away. That's 650 photos. I don't think I want them on the tablet permanently and will need a way to remove them without clicking on each one individually and deleting it. How can I add them to internal memory, either from flash drive or my desktop computer, as a complete folder and delete the folder and contents all at once? Is it possible? And if so, how? Simple, detailed directions would be most helpful.

Default Re: Adding & Deleting groups of photos

...ferns... Ha! Ha!

Seriously, install Quickpic and use it as your picture viewer. It will offer you a lot of features, the least of which being the ability to multi-select a lot of photos and delete them all at once.

Also, keep all the pictures in a folder, and then when you want to delete them, delete the entire folder. Quickpic will scan the memory and locate them wherever they are. Just put them on internal memory and you're good to go.

-Suntan
    Thanked by:
    nelhop 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you Suntan,
    I installed QuickPic. From my desktop I copied a folder of photos to a location on the nexus where I would be able to find the folder when it was time to delete it. Then I viewed the photos with QuickPic. Having no further use for the photos, I found and deleted the folder. However, QuickPic still had the thumbnails and I couldn't find where it stores the thumbnails. I will keep looking. Maybe I will try to contact the author of QuicPic.

I keep getting a message from Google Drive asking me to select, add an existing @gmail email address, or create a google drive account. I click on cancel because Just now I don't want to complicate my learning of the use of the tablet with learning Google Drive. The message keeps popping up with no option to choose don't come back for a week or two. To quote Winnie-the-Pooh: The more it snows, tiddely pom, the more it goes, tiddely pom, on snowing.

Did you delete the folder from within Quickpic? Or from the computer? Just try deleting the folder in Quickpic (long press on the folder of the images and a selection list should pop up.

Don't know about Google Drive. I don't use it and have never had a pop up like that on my devices.

-Suntan
    Thanked by:
    nelhop 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks Suntan, you're a genius!
    I repeated the experiment, copying a folder from my desktop to the tablet "pictures" and then viewed in QuickPic and deleted from there. No further problem with thumbnails. I will continue to experiment with QuickPic and if I have any problems, you'll hear from me :-).