1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question OTG 4.2 connectivity

hey everyone, just a quick question. i dont have a nexus 7 yet, but i will get one soon. i really want to use a ps3 controller to play n64 snes gba games etc. with an OTG cable. i dont want to root it though. so does it still support ps3 controllers on the 4.2 OS natively or must i root it? thanks in advance

Default Re: OTG 4.2 connectivity

Quote Originally Posted by M1grande View Post
    hey everyone, just a quick question. i dont have a nexus 7 yet, but i will get one soon. i really want to use a ps3 controller to play n64 snes gba games etc. with an OTG cable. i dont want to root it though. so does it still support ps3 controllers on the 4.2 OS natively or must i root it? thanks in advance
    You don't need to root, but I suggest you do, since lets you add controls to any game and play wirelessly, for only $2. You need to be rooted though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo06sp View Post
    You don't need to root, but I suggest you do, since lets you add controls to any game and play wirelessly, for only $2. You need to be rooted though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    im really scared of stuff like rooting though. i mean im geat with computers and tech, but i have the fear i will mess up and turn my new device into a paperweight

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Rooting a nexus device is far more streamlined and easier since its meant to be an open device unlike the carrier bloatware loaded crap.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Rooting a nexus device is far more streamlined and easier since its meant to be an open device unlike the carrier bloatware loaded crap.
    i realy want to, but im not a risk taker, if there is any chance of ruining my new device, i become extremely scared. i hacked my psp and DS, but im scared to try this or my ipod. what is the error margin for rooting

Chances of bricking the Nexus 7 are negligible.... Worst outcome you might reasonably get would be having to reflash stock. Use WugFresh Nexus kit and it's all easy