1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default google play files in skifta

I am attempting to use my nexus 7 32gb on my Sony TV using WiFi direct using skifta. I am able to view photos from my tablet on the TV, but would like to use it to watch movies I buy from Google play. Does anyone know of a way to view the Google play files outside of Google play?

Jason

Default Re: google play files in skifta

Is it a Google TV? If not it might not be possible
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    Is it a Google TV? If not it might not be possible
    No, its just a Sony Bravia TV. It has the built in WiFi-Direct. I was able to use the software to display some pictures I have on the N7 on my TV, but it does not find any Video files even though I have dowloaded the Free Ice Age Movie from Google Play. My guess is that the Google Play movies are stored in a "Hiden" area where othere apps are not able to view them. I just found the option on my TV and thought it might work to watch movies from N7 on my TV but I guess not.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub1978 View Post
    No, its just a Sony Bravia TV. It has the built in WiFi-Direct. I was able to use the software to display some pictures I have on the N7 on my TV, but it does not find any Video files even though I have dowloaded the Free Ice Age Movie from Google Play. My guess is that the Google Play movies are stored in a "Hiden" area where othere apps are not able to view them. I just found the option on my TV and thought it might work to watch movies from N7 on my TV but I guess not.

Jason
    Yup thats correct. the video's will be encrypted so that it cannot be streamed. its called DRM. usually movie/music industry force google to do this.

but you can try to break the drm and use it to stream to your TV.