Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: YouTube app, video lag. Is it just me an my Nexus7?

I don't know, it's an irritating problem that seems like it shouldn't exist, although others seem fine. I do knkw I've had this issue since I got my nexus 7 new. I forgot that there is a kindle fire in my house that aslo doesn't have a problem streaming HQ. For what it's worth, netflix does stream fine, I may try freedi yt, but it just doesn't seem like it should be nescessary.

Not an apple fanboy, but i like my iphone, i messed around with a friend's android tablet and I really liked it, so I bought the nexus 7, but I think next time I'll stick with apple. This is such an irritating and unexpected problem since the main reason I bought a tablet was so I could stop watching vids on my iphone while in bed. Hey, I don't watch TV at all, so it's an even trade.

Yeah this has been driving me nuts.

I narrowed the issue to my router which is a good one (Linksys E4200v2). A few months ago, I disabled IPv6 and that solved my issues.
    At that time, I also limited my 2.4GHz signal to 20MHz (to deconflict with the plethora of wifi signals in my neighborhood). All seemed well until about a week ago. YouTube video started lagging significantly again. After some troubleshooting, I found that switching the 2.4GHz signal back to Auto resolved my issues.

My network provider is Comcast.

We'll see how long this lasts

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,790 Global Posts

I'm seeing this problem with YouTube on my Nexus 7 at home. My DROID Bionic on the same WiFi network doesn't have it. Neither of our laptops do either.

Netflix works fine on my Nexus 7.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ryano89 View Post
    Thanks free di seems to work, but none of my subscriptions show up, also my watch later list isn't there. Am I doing something wrong?

Nope, the app is limited, but atleast it doesn't buffer ever 5 seconds, lol

Sent from an orange potato......no, really
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
    Thanked by:

you can also give PVStar+ a try - it also can play YouTube playlists/tracks in the background when minimized, something not possible with other YouTube players.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l0LnB2c3RhciJd

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    you can also give PVStar+ a try - it also can play YouTube playlists/tracks in the background when minimized, something not possible with other YouTube players.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l0LnB2c3RhciJd
    Freedi plays in the background as well, minimized and with the screen off

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Downloaded Freedi online and will check it when i get home.

I hate that this is an issue for youtube videos on my N7. But somewhat glad i'm not the only one. I'm also someone who has no issues on computer or any other device except my N7.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaVictor87 View Post
    Downloaded Freedi online and will check it when i get home.

I hate that this is an issue for youtube videos on my N7. But somewhat glad i'm not the only one. I'm also someone who has no issues on computer or any other device except my N7.
    I have issues on my galaxy s3 as well

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger

Tested out freedi and it looks like its working just fine! Hope YouTube fixes their stuff eventually

I recently purchased a Minix Neo G4 specifically for viewing Youtube videos on an HD TV screen. I admit I'm not one to dig into setting to see if I can tweak something in the software settings to make it run faster, smoother or better, but here is what I found. Youtube videos playing in the Native Adroid Youtube App, act just as you have described they load slow play. buffer, play, buffer, play, buffer...it is very annoying.

I have tested the same videos in several different browsers and they simply load quickly and play, no buffer, buffer, buffer.

So it appears the simple solution is to ignore the youtube app and use browsers instead, (Set the Browser Client to Desktop in Browser's settings)

Unhappy Re: YouTube app, video lag. Is it just me an my Nexus7?

I have the same problem on my nexus 7

I have the exact same problem when I use a TED or youtube app. Its annoying that when you buy a device just for video & and up with this problem. Very rarely does it run without stalling.

You can add me to the list of perplexed Nexus 7 users. I stream YouTube to my dumb TV using a Panasonic Blu Ray without any problem now. But to avoid using that laborious keyboard search function on the YouTube app, I linked my Nexus 7 (with 4.3) to the Blu Ray. It connects fine but when I play the selection, it stutters or repeats every 15 seconds. Why should the videos play without problem when I leave the Nexus out of the loop, but start to stutter as soon as I stream using the Nexus? My speed is always well over 15.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12