My WiFi is extremely slow on my both of my Nexus 7's

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
My Wi-Fi on both my Nexus 7's is very slow. They stay connected fine but I'm getting about 50kbps-150kbps download speeds. I factory reset one of them to no prevail. Anyone have any insight on this or heard of others with this issue? All my other devices work fine on the same Wi-Fi connection and I tried turning everything else off so just the Nexi where connected to see if the speeds are faster, but they aren't. I'm stock on both devices and both are the 16gb version, one older than the other. I have a Netgear R6300 router with Comcast' s internet with boost plus so the internet and the router shouldn't be an issue. They have done this before a few times and it fixed itself but I've had these horrible speeds for a few days now. Both Nexi are on 4.2.1 and I just reset one and it is still getting horrible speeds. I also have the random reboot issue. It seems like possibly a hardware problem in the Nexus devices or something with Jelly Bean? My S3 works fine but it's on 4.1.1 not 4.2.1.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I fixed it, I had to mess with my WiFi advanced settings for my router. Glad its not the Nexus devices.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you give us a little more info on what advanced settings you had to tweak? Might help someone else some day who looks at this thread!

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I fixed it, I had to mess with my WiFi advanced settings for my router. Glad its not the Nexus devices.

Was it something with the QoS settings? If so, I did the same, to set my Nexus 7 on medium priority, as it was recommended.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11