any way to use my nexus 7 on my tv

daveddy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I went to bestbuy and looked for something i can use with my nexus7 so i can watch videos, play games,get on the web on my tv,any help?

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
You could try channeling your N7 through your PC then to your TV using MediaHouse UPnP. Your TV will of course have to be connected to your home network somehow (WiFi, Ethernet, BluRay player with Wifi, etc.,).

The N7 does not have an HDMI or MHL port, but there is hope that the official dock might have such a feature.

HTC makes a device which does this, but it is expensive ($90)
Wi-Fi Media lets your Nexus 7 play movies on any screen via HTC's Media Link HD (hands-on video)

MaddSkillz

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I went to bestbuy and looked for something i can use with my nexus7 so i can watch videos, play games,get on the web on my tv,any help?

Some of us are holding out in hopes that the Nexus 7 will be Miracast capable soon... Look up Miracast on YouTube to get more details on it.

jmaudi0

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
DLNA will let you stream music, videos, pictures to the tv. Good app = bubble upnp

i dunno about streaming games....you would need some sort of hdmi out i would think but the nexus doesn't have that.

GKWANNABE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought with the NEW UPDATE to 4.2, one of the changes was the Nexus 7 became compatible and received Miracast, and you can use the Nexus 7 to stream via WiFi using a WiFi to WiFi modem-type product. Such as the NetGear PushtoTv equipment? I'm trying to see if anyone recently has tried this out before I purchase one on Amazon. As long as your TV has an HDMI-in port, all you do is hook up the NetGear direct to your tv and start streaming.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
The 4.2 update added Miracast compatibility to the operating system. It didn't add Miracast to the Nexus 7.

DNLA does work as long as you have an app installed on your Nexus 7, and a device that has DNLA.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
You could try channeling your N7 through your PC then to your TV using MediaHouse UPnP. Your TV will of course have to be connected to your home network somehow (WiFi, Ethernet, BluRay player with Wifi, etc.,).

The N7 does not have an HDMI or MHL port, but there is hope that the official dock might have such a feature.

HTC makes a device which does this, but it is expensive ($90)
Wi-Fi Media lets your Nexus 7 play movies on any screen via HTC's Media Link HD (hands-on video)

Unfortunately this device doesn't "mirror" the N7 like an HDMI port or Miracast does, it'll just enable you to play videos and audio that is on the N7. I for one am looking for a way to mirror the N7 to a TV....pity that the N7 doesn't support either one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums