Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Like the form factor but...

I like the size of the N7 but can't help but notice how much smoother my galaxy nexus is. Input presses and scrolls have a lot of lag. I really like it but might return it. Is this just my unit or common with this device.

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Re: Like the form factor but...

Did the store demo unit act that way, presuming you didn't buy it online but went to a retailer. If not check out a local retailer and see if their units act any better or worse and then you will have a bench mark to work with. You have to figure store units get the crap beat out of them by sticky finger kids.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the advise. I got this as a birthday present so did not get to handle it before it was bought. I previously try a while back to try out but some ***** locked the screen. I am thinking of returning the 7 and going for the 10.

Google Currents has been notorious for causing sluggishness. If you don't use it (it's a news aggregating app), go to Settings/Apps/All, select Google Currents, and disable it.

If you do use Currents, open the app, go to its settings, and turn off the background sync.

Also, have you tried powering the device off, and then turning it back on again? If there's some rogue app that's causing problems, this will typically stop it. There are other advanced techniques and apps that can help, but these are simple things to try.

ROM
    Arctic HD

I use currents along with tons of other news apps and this thing is blazing fast. 32 gb wifi version

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Have the 32gb WiFi version also. Disabled currents...hopefully that helps.