1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 & iPad

I've had my Nexus 7 since 8/1 and I love it! I use it pretty much every day for web browsing, reading, games, etc.

My son surprised me last night with a iPad 2! I've only had a chance to tinker with it for about an hour so far, but it seems pretty awesome. I don't have any intentions of getting rid of my N7. My question is for those who own BOTH iPad & Nexus 7:

What do you use each of them for?

Do you find yourself using one more than the other?

If you HAD to give up one, would you give up the iPad or the N7?

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 7 & iPad

I am not a iOS or Android fanatic - I use what I think works best for the given situation and I am not one of those "heavy users" that program the space shuttle and need umpteen apps open at once. I don't really even customize my screens beyond setting up the launch bar the way I like and a live wall paper here and there. Never got into the whole "gotta have a widget" thing although as I use the Nexus more I might. Don't ever plan on rooting - I don't consider it a good use of my time when the stock setup does most of what I need.

I have an iPad3 and a Nexus 7 and wouldn't give up either. I have my most listened to music locally on both since most of it came from iTunes (I have iTunes match so I have tunes in the cloud on both should I need it on that and Google Play)
    I use the iPad for longer web browsing sessions, viewing photos through the Camera Card adapter/iPhoto and certain things like watching ESPN (not a Nexus limitation, just don't want Adobe air on my Nexus) and there are some Apps that aren't available on the Nexus 7 or just aren't as polished (Washington Post, CNN, NPR, for example) Web browsing on the larger tablet is more convenient (less scrolling). I also tend to watch movies on the larger screen as well although recently I've been tending to split that between the two devices.

I use the Nexus for reading all of my Kindle books and it's replaced both the iPad and the Kindle keyboard I had been using. I check email on the Nexus more often. I also carry around the Nexus 7 with me more frequently so "random" uses tend to be on the Nexus vs. the iPad. I tend to use the Nexus for things like Google Currents and Flipboard (although the iPad version is really nice too).

Larger tablet is nice when you need/want the screen real estate and the Nexus is nice to carry around use for convenience.

Any reason you have to get rid of one? I find the mix pretty nice to be honest.
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I plan on keeping both. Before i got the iPad i kept my Nexus 7 at home by the bed, but now I think I'll start keeping the Nexus in my handbag and the iPad at home, since I find it too bulky to carry around. I think I'll use the iPad more for Web browsing and streaming movies/TV shows; the Nexus can be used for games and reading my Kindle ebooks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I have both and they are cellular models. Ipad 3 with verizon 4G LTE and Nexus 7 with hspa +. Verizon model is sim unlocked so ATT sim works in both tablet, less LTE on the iPad. I switch sim depending which tablet I plan to use that day, and this seems to work well for me. I love both of my tablets, but would definitely keep iPad if I had to get rid of one. IPad's tablet optimized apps is the reason I would choose it.