Sending videos to you tube

baker9903

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I am a complete android newbie. Coming from ios, now have android phone and Nexus 7 as of two days ago.

I have videos that were emailed to me. How do I send that video to you tube on my Nexus 7? I have downloaded the video, can play it, but it is sitting in the download section and I can't figure out how to transfer it to the gallery or send it straight to you tube.

Help please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
1. Go to your Downloads shortcut in the app drawer.
2. Check the checkbox for the video file or long press it.
3. Tap the icon in the upper right next to the garbage can that looks like 3 dots in an angle (the Share icon).
4. Select YouTube.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you actually download the attachments? From your email that had the video attachments, make sure you either select a download or save option. If you don't see any, long press the attachment to see if a download or save option comes up.

Do you know if the attached videos are linked from the sender's Google Drive (the Google cloud)? That might prevent you from downloading it to your phone's storage or uploading it to YouTube.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
There are few ways to do it.

go here https://www.youtube.com/account?feature=mhee you will have an email id under "Mobile uploads"(Upload videos from your phone by emailing this address. )

email the videos to that email address and google will upload the videos to your account.

or open youtube app in android. slide it to right will open some menu on the left. click your name or your account. this will take you a page where you will have an upload button to upload files on your phone,.

before doing this you have to download the video to your phone from email.

baker9903

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I was able to upload to you tube using the email option. Thanks for that suggestion. However, it is a workaround I think.

I'm pretty sure I downloaded the video from my email by pressing "save". When I go to "downloads" the video is listed there. I can play it from there (I have MX player). I was able to upload to picasa but when I try uploading to you tube, it says that I can't upload from cloud services.

The email was sent from my husband's iphone, the video was taken with his iphone. I don't know what kind (if any) cloud he has set up for his phone.

What am I missing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the same error message as well when I try to upload. Seems like an Android bug. I'll keep looking into this. Try uploading to Google+ instead.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It happens whether you try to share it directly to YouTube from the Downloads folder or go to the YouTube app and try to Upload (which, by the way, is not easy to find). It's gotta be a bug.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Having the exact same problem here when trying to upload a video that resides COMPLETELY on my external sd card, not any cloud service whatsoever. Tried via the app and Dolphin Browser from youtube.com and get the same message as mentioned above.

Sent from my Samsung GT 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.