Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nexus 7 camera Malfunctioning - Any ideas why??

Never rooted dropped or abused, just goes to this flashing green/pink screen now... tried everything short of a factory reset..

Default Re: nexus 7 camera Malfunctioning - Any ideas why??

Just so you don't feel all alone out there, my lockscreen I have set to unlock when my face is detected. This morning (after I did a cache clearing operation) it started doing that, just once so far, though. I suspect like many little things, it's a bug in 4.2.1 or 4.2.2. Perhaps if you rebooted your device it would come back and work right (for a while)? Anyhow, so far it just happened once to me on the lock screen, just this morning, but just like the video.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you Sir, actually I do feel better knowing im not alone, but at the same time sad because mine started out like yours.....

I don't know how many times I've said this, but try a factory reset. If that doesn't solve the problem, its a hardware problem. Contact Google or Asus.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Already gave the reset a try - no luck, went ahead & rooted while I was at it. figured it was hardware because a couple times it closed with a sizzle type sound. then again it force closes when I try to change the camera options such as 1.3mpixles or 1mp.. The Google logo just comes up & the N7 boots back up..
    Thanked by:

I do NOT recommend using your camera with face recognition if you want privacy! Lookout Anti virus and others are all trying to capture your various looks to add to their CIA/DIA/NSA database just like FB so they really know what you look like in various states. I don't let the camera face me directly and tilt it to keep your face from this crappy 1.2 pixel camera only for taking your own picture. I'm trying to permanently disable it but am thinking about taking a drill to it. Any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated.

Please read my comment below and tell me/us what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by systemofadown1 View Post
    Thank you Sir, actually I do feel better knowing im not alone, but at the same time sad because mine started out like yours.....
    You are Never Alone with your camera recording you! See my post below and tell me/us what you think?

ROM
    OEM Unlock + Root

if wiping doesnt help you, im selling my cracked glass nexus 7, everything works but touch response.

Well, I have heard of people taping over their camers on their PCs for this reason, so perhaps you could do the same with your Nexus 7. good luck
    TheLittleTroll.