nexus 7 camera Malfunctioning - Any ideas why??

Eaton Scrapple

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just so you don't feel all alone out there, my lockscreen I have set to unlock when my face is detected. This morning (after I did a cache clearing operation) it started doing that, just once so far, though. I suspect like many little things, it's a bug in 4.2.1 or 4.2.2. Perhaps if you rebooted your device it would come back and work right (for a while)? Anyhow, so far it just happened once to me on the lock screen, just this morning, but just like the video.

iHelpYouShy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how many times I've said this, but try a factory reset. If that doesn't solve the problem, its a hardware problem. Contact Google or Asus.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Already gave the reset a try - no luck, went ahead & rooted while I was at it. figured it was hardware because a couple times it closed with a sizzle type sound. then again it force closes when I try to change the camera options such as 1.3mpixles or 1mp.. The Google logo just comes up & the N7 boots back up..

Steve Thompson

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I do NOT recommend using your camera with face recognition if you want privacy! Lookout Anti virus and others are all trying to capture your various looks to add to their CIA/DIA/NSA database just like FB so they really know what you look like in various states. I don't let the camera face me directly and tilt it to keep your face from this crappy 1.2 pixel camera only for taking your own picture. I'm trying to permanently disable it but am thinking about taking a drill to it. Any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated.:eek:

TheLittleTroll

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have heard of people taping over their camers on their PCs for this reason, so perhaps you could do the same with your Nexus 7. good luck
? TheLittleTroll.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800