Nexus Noob needs some help!

bmist2012

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm a noobie here and I need some help. I just bought a Nexus 7. I've been using an HTC Incredible phone for about 2 years so I'm familiar with Android. One difference I've noticed is that on my phone I have a "menu" selection. On most applications if you press "menu" some selections like settings, about, etc. will pop up. I don't see a menu selection on the Nexus. Is there a way to get to the menu selections in the apps? What am I missing here?
I've been reading the Blue manual that's included with the Nexus. I wish it had an index. If it has one I can't find it. Another annoyance is that the page scroll slider comes up when you first open the book and then disappears. Is there a way to bring it back up so you don't have to go page by page to move around the book?
Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Bob

Mikesnexus

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Look for the 3 little squares stacked on top of each other. Sometimes at bottom right corner. But it varies.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Zapflashgone

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
We on here are actually better than that manual... hang around and ask for help. Folks on here have figured out ALL the real stuff you want to know.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In Android, whenever a menu or tools disappear from the screen, they typically come back if you tap the screen once. This is the case with Google Play Books.

As mentioned above, the menu button looks like 3 vertical dots. It only shows up when there is a menu to bring up, so if you don't see it, there aren't any menu options. Remember, though, that if an app has a menu button, it may disappear like with Play Books. Just tap the screen once to bring it back.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon