Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By kimikookskookis
  • 1 Post By jd914
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it still worth buying a nexus 7 this holiday season?

I really want a nexus seven but with the rate of new technology coming out all the time I was wondering if I should just wait. I really like the seven inch form factor and feel the ten is just too big.
    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Is it still worth buying a nexus 7 this holiday season?

If you keep waiting for the next big thing to come out, then you'll wonder if you should wait again for the next next big thing to come out. The questions you need to ask are (1) will a tablet be fun or useful right now, and (2) of the 7" tablets, which one is right for you, among the Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, Nook, 7" Galaxy Tab, and maybe the Acer A110 or Lenovo A2107? They all have the plusses and minuses.

why not??? if you keep waiting you will wait for at least 100 years.
    I bought a nexus 4 and nexus 10. i dont care what the nexus is going to be. just buy it and have fun.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm definitely gonna get it. I guess at the end of the day it's all about functionality more than anything. For the price it's probably just about the most functional tablet I can get. My only big concern really is the RAM for bigger apps but then again my EVO LTE only has 1g of ram and everything runs on it like butter.

The concern here is more that the Nexus 7 is already out for a couple of months, and it already had an update - or at least a price drop and new model. So before buying it now some might wonder if they might bring out a 64GB in March for 250.

But if hardware barely came out you can say go for it, but with it being out since a while and Googles marketing you might wanna be careful!

After all I would still say, go for it. I do NOT expect another price drop so soon. Going cheaper than that might cost Google too much.
    Channan likes this.

Global Posts
    4,277 Global Posts

Just the fact that it's a Nexus device means it will be future proof for at least two years so you can't go wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jd914; 12-09-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    robertnv likes this.

Just picked one up last week, defective wouldn't charge. Two days later, stolen! Now, I'm on my 3rd in a week and I'm hooked on the Nexus line. Will be ordering the Nexus 4 as soon as available. Both running 4.2 without all the crap. $199 too easy

Two thumbs up!

It's definitely worth it. I don't expect a refresh/price drop in the near future and wouldn't bet on a new version till at least Google IO in May.

In terms of the competition, the Nexus 7 is the most capable in the space, with the best specs and performance for the price (the iPad Mini would have been excellent had it not been about $80 overpriced). Unless you want something more tailored to a specific task (nook HD for e-books, Kindle Fire HD for media consumption like books and movies) this is the best option all around. And on top of that, Google Play has really stepped up the game when it comes to content at least here in the US.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I just bought one last night and I have no regrets getting this and I also have the GN2.

I agree it's worth buying now. I bought a 16GB in Aug and the 32 came along. I don't feel bad at all. That's today's electronics. I continue to enjoy my Nexus daily and am very happy I didn't wait for, whatever.

Sure why not its an awesome 7 inch tablet.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

What about the screen defects ??????????
    (They keep coming loose & lifting up )

Quote Originally Posted by desgnr View Post
    What about the screen defects ??????????
    (They keep coming loose & lifting up )
    For $199, yes I think its worth it all day long. Love mine! Buy an extended warranty?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

So worth it! I got the Nexus 7 32 gb. Sold my Nook Color (Rooted CM9) the very day it came in the mail!
    I LOVE this thing! and huge apps and games run very well! No glitches, well, other than now my husband gets mad
    because I am playing an online game and he is on the PC and his you tube video is buffering! LOL
    No screen problems at all.
    I say go for it!

Additionally, buy a whole case. that's those that have a plastic screen protector included. Should keep the screen in its position

Does the nexus 7 still slow to a crawl when the memory is full or has that been fixed with a software update?

Quote Originally Posted by kimikookskookis View Post
    Additionally, buy a whole case. that's those that have a plastic screen protector included. Should keep the screen in its position
    Getting mine for Christmas, just got the case in the mail, it's a 2 part leather case that rotates 360 degrees

For 9$

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if some Nexus owners could help me out?

I'm planning on getting a Nexus 7 and would like to make it durable enough to take to classes and really just about anywhere! What would be the best case / screen protector to accomplish this?

There's a separate forum for Nexus 7 accessories. Check that one out, or post your question there for best results.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by crowrb29 View Post
    I really want a nexus seven but with the rate of new technology coming out all the time I was wondering if I should just wait. I really like the seven inch form factor and feel the ten is just too big.
    Given the price, I think it's still a great deal, depending on what you need it for. I'd just get at least 16GB (do they still even sell the 8GB???). I bought the 8GB last summer, and have really been hindered by lack of space...and I don't even have a lot media or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if some Nexus owners could help me out?

I'm planning on getting a Nexus 7 and would like to make it durable enough to take to classes and really just about anywhere! What would be the best case / screen protector to accomplish this?
    I bought the and think it's quite sufficient. Fits very well and doesn't add too much bulk or weight. If you're gonna "rough" with it though, may want something a little more durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Getting mine for Christmas, just got the case in the mail, it's a 2 part leather case that rotates 360 degrees

For 9$

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Can you provide a link to where you got your case from? Thanks,

Why wait ? I have a Nexus 7 and i love it. I think it's better than any other thing out there.
    Honestly it's brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Leigha Charnley View Post
    Why wait ? I have a Nexus 7 and i love it. I think it's better than any other thing out there.
    Honestly it's brilliant
    Well, several months ago when this thread was active, I would have said, "go ahead and get one", but with Google I/O right around the corner, and a possible new 7" tablet on the horizon, if I were shopping right now I'd at least wait until after any potential announcements were made at the conference.