How to Disable Back / Home Buttons (Kiosk Mode) ?

hazmatt_99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a couple of games for my small children that ALWAYS hit the back / home / app switch buttons.

I am looking for a way to disable these buttons from appearing in games / apps for either a session or for some set period of time.

Ideally I would run in some sort of Kiosk mode, let the kids play their games, then say on power down / reboot and this kiosk mode would disable and I would be back to normal operations.

Anyone know of such an app / setting?

Any help would be appreciated.

Checked the forums, checked Google, etc., can't seem to come up with a solution here.

Thanks!

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the Kid Mode or Kids Place apps? We have used them on our phones for a long time with our 3-year-old. I haven't installed one on our N7 because our 8-year-old doesn't need it anymore.
Put the N7 in airplane mode to prevent free apps with ads from connecting.

hazmatt_99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the tips!

I didn't know of either of those options and they certainly head in the right direction.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Stuart Thurstan

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. I have to admit it's driving me bananas. I am so used to the PC where I can basically do whatever I want I find the lack of user choice in Android very frustrating.
My two year old manages to touch the app switch or home buttons about once every 20 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox