Nexus 7- apps for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1grande

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
hey everyone, recently i saw a video on how to get paid apps for free. he went to 4shared and just typed in the name of the app.apk and downloaded it. is it really that simple to do? do you have to be rooted to do it? and also are any of those files viruses that would ruin the nexus? lastly, if this method sucks, unrooted, is there a better way to do it? any and all feedback is appreciated :D

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend it. After all, that's pretty much the same as piracy. If someone is selling their product, buy it if you want it. If you want it free, accept the ads.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

kimikookskookis

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
First of all - it's illegal! It's stealing! And not like stealing from Walmart, who make enough profit to not really care about a theft here and then. It's like stealing from your local private-owned shop - taking the money away from somebody who has to feed his kids from the stuff he's selling!

Second thing is: you are running the risk of it having a virus. Plus, you don't receive updates unless it gets uploaded, which means you are at risk of being exposed to a security exploit in an app for much longer.

And last but not least: the Nexus 7 is so cheap cause Google sells it just above manufacturing cost, with the aim that they get the money back from App sales! So you would practically make Google rethink that decision and never ever release another budget device! And others could follow.

shona001

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
As the others have said that piracy, basically stealing from the app developer. I think a mod should delete this thread.

M1grande

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
First of all - it's illegal! It's stealing! And not like stealing from Walmart, who make enough profit to not really care about a theft here and then. It's like stealing from your local private-owned shop - taking the money away from somebody who has to feed his kids from the stuff he's selling!

Second thing is: you are running the risk of it having a virus. Plus, you don't receive updates unless it gets uploaded, which means you are at risk of being exposed to a security exploit in an app for much longer.

And last but not least: the Nexus 7 is so cheap cause Google sells it just above manufacturing cost, with the aim that they get the money back from App sales! So you would practically make Google rethink that decision and never ever release another budget device! And others could follow.
my intention was to just try games out before i buy them.i am all for supporting developers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Most games have a lite or demo version that is free, and if you like it, you can always purchase the full version. For apps that don't have a free version, Google Play allows you to request a refund within 15 minutes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance