On third Nexus 7...

mm625

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I just returned from OfficeMax, where they have come to loathe me, with my third replacement Nexus 7. The first had screen lifting issues, and pressing down slightly on the bezel greeted you with an unstable sinking feeling. The second one had bad backlight bleeding issues, so what went wrong with today's Nexus 7? Screen separation even worse than the first one. Are these quality control issues just unfortunately in the units I've received? All have been the 32 GB version, I'm not sure if that matters. I've switched from Apple products and if there was something Apple was great at, it was build quality (with perhaps the recent exception of the iPhone 5 fiasco).

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
wow, complete bummer. Maybe there was a problem with the specific batch that got sent to that one retailer. I haven't heard of those kind of issues with that kind of frequency. If there is one thing that sets this android tablet apart from the other 7 inchers is the build quality, so that is quite strange to hear that you are having those kind of problems.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I just returned from OfficeMax, where they have come to loathe me, with my third replacement Nexus 7. The first had screen lifting issues, and pressing down slightly on the bezel greeted you with an unstable sinking feeling. The second one had bad backlight bleeding issues, so what went wrong with today's Nexus 7? Screen separation even worse than the first one. Are these quality control issues just unfortunately in the units I've received? All have been the 32 GB version, I'm not sure if that matters. I've switched from Apple products and if there was something Apple was great at, it was build quality (with perhaps the recent exception of the iPhone 5 fiasco).

Since you apparently got all three from Office Max, I suggest you open the box and check it out before you leave with it. Tell them you want to go through the set up, check the display, memory etc etc.

I thinik they'd go along with it without any trouble just to get rid of you, LOL.

smartiekins

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Touch wood I haven't had any probs with my N7 yet, but I have someone at work who went through 6 laptops of the same make/model within about a,month. That shop hated him! I went in with him the last time and persuaded them it must be a,batch/item issue and they finally agreed to swap it for a different model!