Need help choosing a router

frodosmom

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am purchasing a wireless router for a family member to use in a studio
Apartment with a nexus 7. Can you please give me some specific
Suggestions for a moderately priced router.
Thanks,
Kathy

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am purchasing a wireless router for a family member to use in a studio
Apartment with a nexus 7. Can you please give me some specific
Suggestions for a moderately priced router.
Thanks,
Kathy

Pick any of the top 10 - 20 that meet your needs and you will probably do alright. I got the TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND ---- plugged all the cables in, set it up using the quick install sheet and it has worked fine for 2 years so far without a squeak, but i don't need any advanced stuffs like DMZ, gaming port forwarding, blah blah blah hehe. We have PCs, laptop, Android N7, iPhones, kindle, wireless etc plugged into it at various times - no hiccups. The best kind of router, one that just works. Your mileage.....

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Networking, Wireless Networking, Wireless Routers, router

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have an ASUS RT-N13U, which is wireless N with a maximum transfer speed of 300 MBPS. Works very well, never need to reboot. To give you an idea of the price, it's selling at Fry's for $25 after rebate:

FRYS.com?|?ASUS

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a Netgear WNDR 3400 N600 which I got for $80 almost a year ago and I have been very pleased with it. It is a/b/g/n dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz with a USB storage device port which allows me to share my 1.5TB external hard drive with every device on the network without requiring a PC "server" to be on all the time.

While this device may be overkill for a studio apartment, the 5GHz band is nice option for small spaces because of the higher transfer speed and less interference.

Personally, I want my next router to be Gigabit Ethernet and dlna certified.

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Found one even better at 1SaleADay, Cisco Linksys Modem & Wireless 'N' Router $19.99 plus $4.99 shipping. But only good for 12 more hours.

OOPS.. never mind. It's a DSL modem....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke