Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Nexus 7 pust-to-tv, Miracast working?

[1] For those who have rooted their Nexus 7s, was/is there any indication in the display settings of the possibility of connecting to any external display? [2] Is the "mirroring" accomplished using MirrorOp different from what we are seeking from MiraCast? Thanks in advance for responding.

It's confirmed that MirrorOp works with Nexus 7.

It not only able to mirror N7 to TV/projector but also able to mirror N7 to PC and iPhone/iPad.

The only problem would be you need to root your N7 because Google doesn't open screen capture permission for software developers.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by ext201 View Post
    It's confirmed that MirrorOp works with Nexus 7.

It not only able to mirror N7 to TV/projector but also able to mirror N7 to PC and iPhone/iPad.

The only problem would be you need to root your N7 because Google doesn't open screen capture permission for software developers.

Wow that sucks. Really don't want to [I]Root[I] my Nexus7. Thanks for the info anyway.

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts
    ROM
    Motorola Xoom Running ICS

It seems there was an update to Netgear PTV3000. As mentioned in an android central post.

http://www.androidcentral.com/netgea...medium=twitter

So can anyone confirm if miracast now works for the nexus 7 after the update to the device? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Nexus 7 is not on the list. Also, the "wireless display" is still not an option in display settings. So, no.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    <Insert creative signature here>

If you have a roku you can download the roku remote app and you can stream through your roku. I have done it with photos and I saw somewhere that you can also do music and video.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Please do not discuss means for viewing pirated content. Thread has been cleaned up. Further discussions of this nature may result in a ban without any additional warning.

Sent from my SGSIII

You can simply use air sync from double twist.. It supports a lot of different format videos and streams significantly well
    Thanked by:

I just purchased a Netgear PTV 3000. Plugged it in, connected it to TV via standard hdmi cable. I set it up (very simple) using my WIDI capable laptop. Powered up my Nexus 7, went to "settings, display, wireless display" , turned on wirless display and it immediately found the PTV 3000 adaptor. Tapped on the adaptor and I was up and running.....wireless display from Nexus 7 to TV, and it seems to work quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by leeazon View Post
    I just purchased a Netgear PTV 3000. Plugged it in, connected it to TV via standard hdmi cable. I set it up (very simple) using my WIDI capable laptop. Powered up my Nexus 7, went to "settings, display, wireless display" , turned on wirless display and it immediately found the PTV 3000 adaptor. Tapped on the adaptor and I was up and running.....wireless display from Nexus 7 to TV, and it seems to work quite well.
    Wrong year/model nexus 7 forum...

Hi

I'm trying to get my Nexus 7 (2013) to display on a Dell pc. I want the whole Nexus screen not media.

I have tried Mirror op but can't get it to work. Someone mentioned VNC but there are loads of different VNC progs so which do I need? Most seem to be focused on getting the pc screen on the Nexus but that is the wrong way round for me

The question therefore is what software should I get on the Nexus and what software do I need on the pc? I would be grateful for any help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12