1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't get Nexus 7 to do Addition with Voice

According to the Nexus 7 Guide, I should be able to speak into Google search from the home screen and get my Nexus to add. For instance "Add 3 plus 4". When I do this, the text that comes up in the search box is correct, but it keeps taking me to normal Google web search results instead of actually doing the math. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Default Re: Can't get Nexus 7 to do Addition with Voice

erm....not using a calculator app ? say ...is this a trick question ????

I just checked Google now. added 3+4 then 5+7. I got an audio response of 7 and 12. Both correct. Seems to be working fine.

I do not believe the calculator app has the function to use voice commands. Though Google now works well. I would just use it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidOsAppsandMore View Post
    I just checked Google now. added 3+4 then 5+7. I got an audio response of 7 and 12. Both correct. Seems to be working fine.

I do not believe the calculator app has the function to use voice commands. Though Google now works well. I would just use it instead.
    hehe, yeh, just making fun of killing bugs with a nuclear device is all.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

After playing around with it a bit more, I discovered that saying "Add, 6 plus 7" doesn't work, but just saying "6 plus 7" does. Case closed. Thanks.

I think I see what the issue is now. it is likely a speech recognition problem. I tried saying add 6 + 7 and got add 6 foot 7 in the input field. I said add 7 + 6 and it gave me links to office sweat.

I had not thought to do thing that way you are. Buying saying what is x + x I get an audible answer every time. So buy saying "What is 7 + 6" I receive the audible answer 13. and I tried it the other way around and got 13 for an audible answer.

So my suggestion is to state things in the form of a what query instead of an add this to this command. Or even using 6 plus 7 as that also gave me a reply of 6 foot 7 the first time I tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rox View Post
    After playing around with it a bit more, I discovered that saying "Add, 6 plus 7" doesn't work, but just saying "6 plus 7" does. Case closed. Thanks.
    lol, I was gonna say that even with my southern draw, it worked for me. The first voice recondition software to get it right without tons of training from me...