Can't get Nexus 7 to do Addition with Voice

Red Rox

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
According to the Nexus 7 Guide, I should be able to speak into Google search from the home screen and get my Nexus to add. For instance "Add 3 plus 4". When I do this, the text that comes up in the search box is correct, but it keeps taking me to normal Google web search results instead of actually doing the math. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I just checked Google now. added 3+4 then 5+7. I got an audio response of 7 and 12. Both correct. Seems to be working fine.

I do not believe the calculator app has the function to use voice commands. Though Google now works well. I would just use it instead.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I just checked Google now. added 3+4 then 5+7. I got an audio response of 7 and 12. Both correct. Seems to be working fine.

I do not believe the calculator app has the function to use voice commands. Though Google now works well. I would just use it instead.

hehe, yeh, just making fun of killing bugs with a nuclear device is all.

Red Rox

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
After playing around with it a bit more, I discovered that saying "Add, 6 plus 7" doesn't work, but just saying "6 plus 7" does. Case closed. Thanks.

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I think I see what the issue is now. it is likely a speech recognition problem. I tried saying add 6 + 7 and got add 6 foot 7 in the input field. I said add 7 + 6 and it gave me links to office sweat.

I had not thought to do thing that way you are. Buying saying what is x + x I get an audible answer every time. So buy saying "What is 7 + 6" I receive the audible answer 13. and I tried it the other way around and got 13 for an audible answer.

So my suggestion is to state things in the form of a what query instead of an add this to this command. Or even using 6 plus 7 as that also gave me a reply of 6 foot 7 the first time I tried that.

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
After playing around with it a bit more, I discovered that saying "Add, 6 plus 7" doesn't work, but just saying "6 plus 7" does. Case closed. Thanks.

lol, I was gonna say that even with my southern draw, it worked for me. The first voice recondition software to get it right without tons of training from me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma