how do i remove the system update notification?

fr8er

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Update for Nexus 4 running 4.2.2 and System Tuner 2.6.1:

As stated above, both "SystemUpdateInstallDialog" and "SystemUpdateInstallDownloadDialog" are gone. What I did was to uncheck both "update.CompleteDialog" under SYSTEM_UPDATE_SETTINGS and "update.SystemUpdateService" under Services. This has so far worked for me (after rebooting my unlocked and rooted N4). Note that I'm not a developer, just some fool who searches the net for ways to screw up his phone, so beware.

As a caveat, I did update my N4 to 4.3 and it totally screwed up everything. Some apps stopped working, the phone icon disappeared, and location access completely stopped working. Ruined my whole weekend! I'm definitely waiting until 4.3.1 or 5.0.1 to try that exercise again.

chichinatsuagi

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I would like to know this too. I just "downgraded" back to 4.1.2 and I don't want to upgrade to 4.2.x. I assume there is no way to disable the notification but it does not hurt to ask.

UPDATE:
I just went into Settings / Apps / Google Services Framework and unselected Show Notifications. This took the notification out of the Notification Bar.
Not sure yet if it will prevent the popup for the system OTA update.

when you downgraded it, do you lost all your data and application? i want to downgraded my tablet too. but i'm afraid of losing my data. thanks

anon(5758877)

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have KK 4.4.4 without Google System Framework in Settings/Apps. Google Play Services and unchecking Notifications did the trick. Thank you very much for the idea that finally worked for me on my Rooted Nexus 4 LTE.

Scarlet Bammmbi

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I own a asus, after flashing it when it got bricked I got the same notification. I tried to uncheck the notification box in framework but it didnt work for me..
Then I clicked on the notification and that brought me to a installation choice (the download didn't start right away) I chose cancel and now the notification is gone.

Maybe it's just Asus that does this. SUCCES!