USB OTG

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone find these devices wear out really quick? I have needed to get two now. They work fine for a little bit but then they will only work when positioned in a certain way then completly going. Getting kind of annoying, anyone else having this problem or is it just being a cheapskate and buying cheap ones from ebay?

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Just get a bunch of OTG solid adapters instead of a cable based one - no flexing wiring to wear out. At less than a dollar a pop, it hardly will break the bank either way.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Just get a bunch of OTG solid adapters instead of a cable based one - no flexing wiring to wear out. At less than a dollar a pop, it hardly will break the bank either way.

I originally had a cabled one, then got a solid one but thats gone funny today. I hope the usb port on the nexus isnt going funny, thought it does charge fine.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I originally had a cabled one, then got a solid one but thats gone funny today. I hope the usb port on the nexus isnt going funny, thought it does charge fine.

Wierd - perhaps you run over them with that red and black vehicle, play ping pong with them, fry them over a fire, your dog ate them or simply lots of bad luck ???

I have to admit all mine (3 of each type) still work and I cut one of the solid adapters open to see how the connections were made. Go figure !