Lock Hardware Buttons?

compsmart

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 tablet for my toddler for use when she's in the car. The problem I'm having is that she is always accidentally hitting the sleep/power button or the volume buttons while using it. Is there an app (or other way) to temporarily disable them? Thanks for any suggestions!

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps buy a case for it (not a bad idea if a toddler is handling it), then cover the opens for the power and volume buttons with tape or some sort of self made Velcro flap.

compsmart

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps buy a case for it (not a bad idea if a toddler is handling it), then cover the opens for the power and volume buttons with tape or some sort of self made Velcro flap.

Thanks - not a bad idea - maybe get a gel-case for it and simply put it on so that the openings in the case for the buttons are at the other end of the Nexus!

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks - I'm running Kid's Place (which is a GREAT app) - but it does not lock the hardware buttons.

Look under settings

details

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

I think this may be the best suggestion if you can actually find a case that will cover all hardware button access. I would have a hard time using tape on my N7. Perhaps a cheap generic 7" tablet zip case with the front cut out to fit the screen size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair