Nexus 7 questions

j9pop

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
1. I'm using the yahoo mail app on the N7; however, I can't figure out how to add or delete contacts in the app. Any help?

2. I constantly get this in my notification bar: j9pop3@gmail login failed. Sometimes, I get the 5 or 6 of those notifications at one time. I can use the people app and g mail app, so I can't figure out why I keep getting that notification. Any help?

3. On the people app, I delected a bunch of old contacts. I received a message indicating that I removed too many and now I can't delecte any more contacts. Any help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe you can add or delete contacts within the Y! Mail app. I'm currently using the just-released v2.0. It only asks if you want to sync your Yahoo contacts (from the web) to your device's People app, which I never like to do, because then it gets all cluttered.

Are you still getting the login fail message? I wonder if it had anything to do with the Gmail/Chrome system-wide crash yesterday. If you're no longer getting the message, that's probably what it was.

No idea about deleting too many contacts on the People app.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe you can add or delete contacts within the Y! Mail app. I'm currently using the just-released v2.0. It only asks if you want to sync your Yahoo contacts (from the web) to your device's People app, which I never like to do, because then it gets all cluttered.
In the People app you can choose which accounts are visible, to keep it from getting too cluttered. Menu > Contacts to Display. You can choose a single account to show, or click the customize option and choose two or more accounts. Therefore, you have everything available in one location, can setup a corporate mail account instead of using a separate app, and can keep it all uncluttered at the same time.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't mean to hijacked your thread bud, but is there a way to turn off this swipe keyboard? Is it swiped or swype?
settings-->language and input-->Android keyboard[setting icon on right]-->Enable gesture typing. uncheck it.

swype is a product from a third party company. everyone call it sywpe these days but the actual term is gesture typing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool