Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By skyrockett
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lock screen security problem with apps?

If I am in the Newshog app, and I push the power button, the screen blacks out. This is just fine.

If I push the button again, I DO NOT GET THE LOCK SCREEN! It brings me right back to the last news article I read. I can watch it try to put up a lock screen and try to recognize my face, but it just flashes in between screens when I select an article to read and then pop back.

It's almost as if NEWSHOG is "on top of" the lock screen. I do have it set to NOT allow power on without signing back on after 0 seconds off. That is, I did fiddle with the security setting to force it to lock each time I turn off the power for any length of time.

Funny, when I exit NEWSHOG, THEN it comes up with the lock screen.

Something is funky here...or is it just me? I'm not that familiar with Android by any means, but it just struck me as strange that it was trying to put up the lock screen in between articles but the app was seeming to override something there.

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

Default Re: Lock screen security problem with apps?

Did you check '' power button instantly locks''
    B. Diddy likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

YES. Seems to be ignored!

Yup, I have this same exact thing happen to me with the game Crazy Machines.

stock ROM, not rooted, fully updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaton Scrapple View Post
    If I am in the Newshog app, and I push the power button, the screen blacks out. This is just fine.

If I push the button again, I DO NOT GET THE LOCK SCREEN! It brings me right back to the last news article I read. I can watch it try to put up a lock screen and try to recognize my face, but it just flashes in between screens when I select an article to read and then pop back.

It's almost as if NEWSHOG is "on top of" the lock screen. I do have it set to NOT allow power on without signing back on after 0 seconds off. That is, I did fiddle with the security setting to force it to lock each time I turn off the power for any length of time.

Funny, when I exit NEWSHOG, THEN it comes up with the lock screen.

Something is funky here...or is it just me? I'm not that familiar with Android by any means, but it just struck me as strange that it was trying to put up the lock screen in between articles but the app was seeming to override something there.
    Android allows apps to make themselves runnable while the phone is locked. The phone is still locked, so you can't do anything outside of the app without unlocking, but you can still interact with the app. This feature is typically used by things like alarm clocks, SMS popups, and various lock screen "replacement" apps, etc. E.g., [shamelss plug] I have 2 apps that have (optional) lock screen modes that allow you to make them run "on top" of the system lock screen: and